Monday, October 13

september's special days

september has a lot of birthdays for us.

ben, my newest nephew, was born on the 5th of this month! he is a tough little guy and, even though i haven't even seen him in person yet, i love him already. i can't wait to see him in 2 weeks!

tom is my only brother-in-law on the cottle side, and is therefore the coolest one :) he had a birthday on the 16th. tom lives in denver with my sister, johanna, and their 3 kids (spencer, andrew, and haley). i lived with them for a few months in 2001 (?) and i still miss dinnertime with tom. that was the guaranteed laughing hour. he has a very dry, cynical, witty sense of humor and he teases constantly. tom is a great dad, husband, and brother. happy birthday tom!

annie, weston's youngest sister, had a birthday on the 22nd. i have known annie for a long time. she was always super nice to me when weston and i were dating. we lived together for a year when she was a freshman in college and we had a lot of talks about life and boys :) i was pulling for you, chad! :) and she was pulling for me and weston - which meant a lot. thanks for your friendship, annie, and happy birthday!

me - i had a birthday on the 23rd. i'm not going to spew on and on about why i'm so great :)
dennyce is my mother-in-law. she had a big birthday on the 28th of the month (but i won't tell you which one) :) i have known dennyce for about 12 years and we have a very close friendship. we have always been able to talk to each other, especially while i'm in her salon chair ;), but i am very grateful for the relationship we have. she is super selfless and would do anything for her family. i love you dennyce - happy birthday!

alex turned the big 3-0 on the 29th! alex is my brother that is not quite a year older than me (we are 359 days apart). alex is awesome because he is always so mellow and, as my mom would say, the peacemaker. alex doesn't seem to get upset or angry over anything - i wish i was more like that. alex is a cool older brother to have because he was always calm about teaching me things or calm about me dating one of his best friends :) he's a great example of marching to the beat of your own drum.

3 quick quips:

Donnie and Kristi said...

Ummm, hello? Can I get a Marlys Hurd? How did you forget THAT birthday. I waited 11 days past my due date just to have her on your birthday! Just kidding :)

Chad said...

I like your birthday posts, always nice to read up on the b-days of the month — especially when one of them is my wife!

You and Weston are awesome. I'm glad you were rooting for me, Annie has told me bits and pieces about how the two of you talked. You helped her more than you'll ever know.

P.S. I hope you don't mind if I save a copy of that picture of Annie just to have...

Kristen Weller said...

You wanted tips for the Johnny Jump Up- I'm afraid I don't have any. At first he just sat in it and let it twirl around, and then he just suddenly got it and hasn't stopped bouncing in it! I just blurred the background of the photo to make me and my cute baby stand out more. Nothing exciting- especially in your house!