Thursday, September 24

birthday extravaganza

ok, maybe extravaganza is misleading, but i had a grand birthday with my husband. he wouldn't tell me anything and, because i like surprises, i didn't pry. the only thing he told me was to take kate to his grandma's house and to pack some diapers and pajamas. that sounded like a great plan! (although we both missed her and commented on it several times throughout our evening).when i got home from pleasant grove, i thought i'd have to wait for weston to get home from work - he was already there waiting for me! he gave me the best card (one he made ... always best when they're handmade if you ask me) :)this is probably the highlight of the birthday for me - it's exactly what i asked for. a couple of weeks ago he was asking for ideas for gifts and i gave the usual, "i don't know..." followed quickly by, "wait, i know exactly what i want - i want a love letter" this is exactly what i got in the card - best.present.ever ... as long as it's all true :) can you believe we've been together nearly 13 years?

next, we left the house and he said i had a specific budget of birthday money and we could go wherever i wanted. we could go shopping in salt lake, we could go to ikea, we could go to wendover, etc :) we headed north and ended up shopping for clothes, lots and lots of clothes. i actually ran out of time. here's the loot so far:i say so far because i still have about 1/3 of my budget to spend. can you believe the score i got?!?! pretty pumped.

we had to kind of rush dinner and ended up grabbing some great burgers at astro. they were delicious, as were the fries and shake :) weston apologized that we didn't have time for someplace nice but i told him i'd rather spend the time out with him than have a fancy dinner. i thought we had to get back to pick up kate, but he had one more surprise up his sleeve.

we had a prior engagement at 9:55 in american fork. he took me to see love happens with aaron eckhart and jennifer aniston. it was really good, i loved it.
but i pretty much love anything with my girl jen :)
thanks to weston for the best birthday! i love you :)

p.s.
thanks to everyone for the facebook messages, texts, and calls. you all made it so much fun :) and a big thanks to my mom and dad for surprising me (you guys totally got me!) and taking me out to a delicious lunch and helping with my crazy daughter :)

10 quick quips:

Tasha said...

sounds like you have a great birthday!! way cute clothes!! where the heck did u get all of them?? do share!!

Kerry said...

Happy Birthday Erin! It sounds like it was great, and you totally deserve it!

Is Weston for hire? I bet he could make lots of money giving other husbands pointers... including mine:)

Weston Colton Photo said...

That loot makes it look like you had a much bigger budget than you did...a little money goes a long way when the most expensive items are $16. Post-back-to-school sales are killer!

Natalie said...

Aaaah! Look at all those clothes! A night out shopping and eating with the husband sounds like a perfect night. I'm glad you liked the movie. I've been wanting to see it but I hadn't heard if it was any good or not.

Happy Birthday again!!!!

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great night! When do you guys want to come over?

Donnie and Kristi said...

I love love letters! What a fun birthday...Weston's a keeper....*sigh*....how cute!

Cynthia said...

You lucky girl! Imsogladyou had an awesome day.Go Weston!

Carrie said...

Okay, so where did you go shopping for all those cute and inexpensive clothes. I must go there!

the coltons said...

nowhere special, girls ...

just forever 21 and old navy. killer deals are on right now!

Marshall and Rose Lowry said...

That sounds like the perfect birthday! I'm glad it was a good one!