Tuesday, October 13

quick trip

A friend of ours recently lost her husband (as Erin posted earlier). We made a very quick trip out to Sacramento to attend the memorial service. The memorial was really good. The speakers all shared really good thoughts about the deceased. Erin might have more to share about it. I don't know...
I shot a bunch of photos on the drive out and back... I even managed to get us in a couple of them.

We left at 5:30 a.m. Sunday, and managed to get across the Salt Flats before sunrise.

This is on the west side of the Sierra Nevadas. Those mountains are amazing.

The Sacramento LDS Temple. The memorial service was held at a chapel right next to the temple.
We got to eat at Erin's childhood pizza joint, Round Table Pizza in Elko, NV.

5 quick quips:

the coltons said...

except my childhood pizza joint was actually NOT in elko :)

Sarah said...

I'm glad that you guys got to go. Hope you had fun on your quick road trip.

Cynthia said...

so,was Kate taking the picture? lol.

Carrie said...

Erin, I love that last pic of you. You look great!

hfaanunu said...

Erin,

I too LOVE that pic of you- you are so gorgeous!! P.S. I have an update=)