Thursday, July 1

the girls' room

did i really just say "the girls'?"  how strange.  but that is what we'll have pretty soon.  weston and all his girls.

i wanted to spruce up the room since we aren't trying to paint anywhere in our new place, and i really needed to add color and some things to pull the room together.  i think it's still kind of a work in progress, but here's what i've done so far.

i sincerely apologize for the high-quality photos, not to mention the poor attempt to string them together, but at least you'll get the idea...

the west side of the room

the east side

i made some bunting out of scraps of the dozens of quilt projects i've done, using cheery colors that are mostly found in the room. 
it runs all the way around the room (it's lower on the wall on the west side and higher on the east).  i also painstakingly made the tulle poms hanging in the corner above the rocker. 
after making them, i thought i would have rather had the 3 out of the same color, just different shades (like 3 shades of the yellow, for example).  however, now that they've been hanging for a bit, i think the colors have grown on me.  i hung the shelf above kate's bed (this shelf used to be in our living room but it works really well in here now) and am filling it with special things for these girls.
the white frames were in kate's old room and we need to replace the pictures (one of those things i hope to someday get around to doing - the photos were supposed to be replaced after kate was born, too ... you can see how well that turned out!)  i made the hanging b for new baby and hung kate's k on the wall, too.  i need to make some real curtains (please ignore the stuffed blackout sheet in the window - totally temporary way to get some light in the room for these photos) :)  that's about it for now!  any other suggestions?  i'm open to them!

here are some shots of the quilt i made for baby #2

it's a little busy, but i love how it turned out

a little more detail

finished crib bedding

and the big sister, herself!

6 quick quips:

Johanna said...

My favorite thing is the bunting around the walls - darling and such a great way to use all those scraps! The new baby quilt and bedding is gorgeous - you are so talented - I'm lucky I can brag that you are my sister!!

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

I love it! So cute, and LOVE the quilt. You are so talented, those girls are lucky! And that room looks so spacious - Im jealous! Love you tons, can't wait to see more!

Natalie said...

I love the bunting. I love the quilt. I love all the crib bedding. I love the pom poms. I love the b above the crib. I love it all! What a sweet little room for your girls!

The Guiness Family said...

Happy anniversary! I need to hire you to re-do my kids rooms. You are so talented!

Ben and Shara said...

so crafty, the colors seem perfect, the quilt amazing, and congrats on your 6 years of bliss. Your dark hair is fun!

Donnie and Kristi said...

What's the baby's name? Such a cute room...I love it! Sisters are the best. I love having just the gals :)