Thursday, October 13

new babies, new quilts

a couple of weeks ago i made 2 new quilts for 2 new babies (or babies who will be new in the near future, anyway).   


the boy
the girl
this was my first time venturing out of my usual patchwork pattern.  it's a houndstooth with an ombre touch.  thoughts?  next time i will do a smaller scaled pattern so there is more pattern to the quilt.  it was hard to find a gradient in fabrics that weren't too busy with patterns but i'm excited to try it again!

and, i'm for hire ;)

3 quick quips:

Natalie said...

Oh my goodness, that houndstooth is so beautiful! I absolutely LOVE it. I still haven't ventured from the patchwork either, well no very far anyway. I'm a fan. I definitely think you should make more similar to this.

Ben and Shara said...

I Love the houndstooth. How beautiful. You are so dang talented. I wish I were more motivated to complete such a quilt. so awesome.

Jessica Kunz said...

LOVE the houndstooth!!! It looks amazing. I wish I had your talent! Hope you and your family are doing well:)