Tuesday, August 12

cynthia's baby shower

my sister-in-law, cynthia, is pregnant with baby boy #2 - benjamin thomas cottle. she is scheduled for a c-section on september 5th. some of the little cousins (i'm thinking alex, my brother, started this) are saying his middle name is kenobi, not thomas. i think, even if alex is serious about this one, cynthia will win in the end :)

she had a baby shower last friday evening and my mom and i flew out to be there with the rest of the sisters.
here is cynthia, ever the gracious guest of honor, making the rounds talking to the guests.
cynthia, her friend, and sarahsome of the refreshments
kate, my sister johanna, and jen's sister jessica
some ward friends, my mom, and reynolds (sarah and andrew's 2nd)
jen and her mom, beverly
reynolds and my mom, kate and johanna. kate and reynolds are a week apart.some of cynthia's haul :)i made cynthia this diaper cake. i first saw one about 2 years ago and have been wanting to make one ever since. i just wish i had gotten a better picture of it.kate and reynolds loved the wrapping paper and ribbonkate is going to be so much fun at christmas - i can't wait :)some thank you favors i made for the occasion.

good luck in 4 weeks, cynthia! wouldn't it be nice if he decided to make his appearance even earlier? :)

5 quick quips:

Sarah said...

I'm so glad that you guys were able t make it. Your thank you favors were perfect. BTW Sarah loved the letters you made.

Ben and Shara said...

wow, that diaper cake is the best one I've ever seen, and believe me I've seen a lot. You have such a natural eye for details. The favors seem lovely too!

Cynthia said...

Hey Erin, You got more shots than I thought, sweet! Too bad I look aweful in those two pics. Anyway, Thaks for posting. You are a great sister and I'm so happy you guys came. Thanks for all the work too.
Yes! sometimes I think it would be nice if Ben will just come early.

The King Family said...

Erin, You are such a sweet sister. AND, those quilts you made are amazing. I wish I had your talent in that department. AND, can I just say Andrew's hair is hilarious? The things you said were so sweet. OOHHHH, you are just too sweet!

Chad said...

Is it just me, or does your sister-in-law Jen look like sheryl crow?