Thursday, March 25

new fruit

here we are, a month later, with a new piece of fruit to call our baby.  this is week 16 - the size of an avocado... my favorite. 

i could really go for a fresh sandwich of some yummy whole grain bread, mashed avocado, a couple tomato slices, and some fresh ground pepper.  now i'm hungry...

so kate and i went to the doctor this afternoon and got the little one all checked out (as much as they can "check out" at 16 weeks.)  i had a great weigh in (lost 1 little pound - and no, i'm not trying to lose any weight, but it's always a nice surprise!), great blood pressure reading, and a strong little heart rate of 144 bpm.  for anyone who's wondering, that's 10 bpm less than a month ago...  boy perhaps???  well, time will tell and we'll know (hopefully) in 4 more short weeks.

i honestly don't have much preference when it comes to this baby's gender.  of course it would be great to have a boy - i would love to see weston have a little boy (not that he can't do all of the same things with kate).  part of me feels like i wouldn't know what to do with a boy now that we've had a girl for 2 years.  plus, i would love to see kate with a little sister.  so either way, i will just be excited!

one thing i can't get over is how much faster the weeks are going this time around.  is it just me or did time seem to drag on for ever and ever with that first pregnancy?  weston and i were talking last night about how, in a month of course, we would be at the halfway point.  halfway?  already?  it's a little crazy. 

i am definitely enjoying this second trimester stride.  the nausea is gone, for the most part, and the energy is way up, again for the most part.  i'm trying to soak up every second of the next 3 months because i do remember how old things get by that 3rd trimester.  especially when they decide to tack on an extra 7 days like last time!  maybe a scheduled c-section isn't such a bad idea?  :)

6 quick quips:

Natalie said...

Mmm. Now I'm hungry too. I can't believe you are almost halfway!! Time is flying! Except when it's 3:30am and I'm up for a feeding. Then, not so much:) I'm so happy for you guys! Can't wait to find out if Kate gets a brother or sister!

Kristen Weller said...

I'm hungry too now. Too bad yummy avocado sandwiches aren't commonly stalked in the vending machine at my office. On second thought- I guess that is a good thing...
We find out the for-sure gender (no more of this "most likely" business) in a week- finally- and we don't really have a preference either.

The Guiness Family said...

I love reading about your progress. It makes me not miss you so much! Greg lost both of our cameras! I really need to replace them and get blogging again.

Sarah said...

Just ate some yummy guacamole! Glad to hear that everything is going so good!

Johanna said...

Another post!! Yahoo!! Avocado sandwiches - yum! Maybe we should put that on the menu for the family reunion??

Ben and Shara said...

I'm loving the fruit analogy. I must say I love the post before this. You are so grateful for so many things. I should spend more time thinking of my blessings. I agree with you on the happy husband thing. You will always be happy if they are happy pursuing their dreams. And a wise person once told me, "do what you love and the money will follow". You have to be passionate about your job or you will hate it eventually. I could go on for days, but just know that Ben and I feel the same. Do what you love... I'm excited about the gender announcement. you're not thinking of not finding out are you?