Thursday, August 19

sewing

i haven't had a whole bunch of energy to work on many projects during this pregnancy, but i think i got a second wind over the last week or so.  i am the type of person who thrives on having projects - it's what pulls me out of a funk, for sure.  here are a few things i have finished:

a carseat cover for baby b (yeah, the flowers are upside down - it seems like i always mess up details like that... oh well)

i thought ahead on this one and made it unisex so if we ever get a boy, i can use the brown-polka-dot side (notice the perfect match to the carseat itself - i was pretty excited to find this material)

then i made a new baby sling.  kate wasn't much for her sling, so we'll see if this baby is any different - but a new cute one helps me!  i know it looks like this is inside out, but i made it that way on purpose (so yes, it is the wrong side of the flower fabric... i just thought it looked better muted versus super bright - plus i love the heathering effect)
then, to go with the new sling, i finally made a nursing cover.  with kate, i always just used a receiving blanket but found i rarely remembered to bring one with me (since her carseat has an attached fleece blanket).  i think it turned out really cute - it's crazy to think we'll have this new baby in less than 3 weeks!     
 
lastly, i made kate a new pair of pajamas.  she needs a couple more pair, so maybe i can get working on that before baby b makes her appearance.  what do you think of my amateur applique???  i think i need to try it a few more times...

i have high hopes to knock out the halloween costumes for these girls in that time, too.  i know, i know - it's only mid-august.  but i'm not so sure i'll be in any kind of mood or have any kind of energy to sew halloween costumes 6 weeks after bringing a new baby home.  we'll see - it may happen on october 30th :)

8 quick quips:

Cynthia said...

Erin, you are AMAZING!

Carin Hadley said...

Way to go Erin! You will be glad you did this before your new little one decides to appear!

Johanna said...

I wish I had gotten the sewing gene! You make such great stuff - the carseat cover is such a great idea! I'm hoping, since Halloween is on a Sunday this year, that I won't have to make costumes (what's the chance of that??) ... I wish I could be there when that new baby comes.

hfaanunu said...

I am the same way Erina- projects keep me tickin' as an at home mom!! I hope we can see each other again some day!!=) Until then, blogging is such an asset=) Keep posting those amazing projects to keep giving me ideas!!

Natalie said...

I LOVE the carseat cover, nursing cover, and sling. I'm with you on liking the muted colors too. They look awesome!

I think maybe you are nesting:)

Pam-Joseph Cottle said...

Erin, Everything looks great and we are happy you are feeling good. You are in our daily thoughts and prayers. We'll see you soon.

Love, Mom and Dad

Marshall and Rose Lowry said...

Your sewing abilities amaze me! I love all of your projects! So nice to help the time pass. I can't believe you only have a few weeks to go. Yay!

Ben and Shara said...

Good job on the sewing projects, you have such a gift! I'm floored that you would make p.j.s they are awesome. I never seem to have enough p.j.s in the house, but I don't have your dope skills.

Good luck in the days to come with the new baby. Be sure to keep us informed.