Thursday, September 2

to C or not to C?

i am, of course, talking about c-sections here.  i have known all along with this pregnancy that the likelihood of having a 2nd c-section was high.  i just don't think my body knows how to go into labor.  i know our bodies were built to do this very thing, but i don't have much confidence in mine.  it's a bit of a bummer, but i have completely come to terms with it and i'm okay with having babies via surgery.  especially if i get to recover as seamlessly as i did the first time. 

that being said, i am scheduled to meet this little lady sometime tuesday (september 7th) morning.  yay!  i can't even believe this pregnancy is over - the first time around feels like 2 years worth of waiting.  this time has simply flown by.  so, for anyone counting, that means i have 5 more days to go.

here is a photo i took this afternoon of myself.  my husband will gasp when he sees it because of the amateurish awfulness of the photo - i mean, i couldn't even bring myself to clean the mirror first!  but i have asked him several times now to take some photos of me and he has yet to do it.  i have often wondered if it was his very kind way of saying, "honey, you really just shouldn't be photographed right now," you know, without having to say things like that :)

either way (and i have a very sweet husband, in case anyone is worried now), here is a shot of me at 39 weeks and ready to go!

11 quick quips:

Anonymous said...

So excited for you!! Congrats Erin! you really look soooo good for being 3 weeks I think i waddled around when i was at least 30 weeks hahaha

Johanna said...

Cute picture! I'm so excited for this new baby!! I wish I lived closer so I could just pop over to the hospital ... hope all goes well and you have a terrific birth.

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

You look GREAT girl! Seriously, great! I look bigger than you and I'm only 23 weeks! Can't wait to meet new baby girl!

And I always knew that underneath that calm, nice, laid back exterior that Weston was super mean. Kidding...

M.J.A. said...

So CUTE! LOVE it!!

Michelle said...

I love this pic. You look so great. It was great getting together the other day. I hope to see you and little B soon!

The Little Red Hen said...

Yes, you do look adorable. Last time we came to see you at the hospital, we missed you by an hour! I hope we do better this time.

A second C-section....that is scheduled...was really a breeze for me. I loved knowing what day and time. I also recovered quickly.

Oh, and since we are cousins....it's not just you! I think it may be something in the gene pool.

Enjoy welcoming this new little one.

Natalie said...

Ok...you look so amazing! Seriously. You do. It kind of makes me miss my pregnant belly...but only for a minute:) I'm so excited for you! Keep me posted. I would LOVE to come see you in the hospital...maybe you'll get the same room as both Sharalee and I. That would be freaky!

Sarah said...

You look adorable! I'm so excited for you and extremely Jealous at the same time. I wish I was on the count down to four more days. Can't wait to see pictures of baby Beth. We are praying for you that everything goes well and baby is as healthy as can be.

The Guiness Family said...

You take great pictures and a picture is better than no picture. You will enjoy looking back your pregnancy pictures once you are all done with this stage in your life. We will be thinking of your cute little family on Tuesday :) We love and miss you all!

Jess said...

you look SO pretty not fair! I have a gift for your little sweetie, we should get together some time!

Cynthia said...

Hot momma! Erin you are looking hot girl. Im so exited for you. I cant wait to get the Phone call/txt/email!!! And, of course, I cant wait to meet B!