Friday, September 3

delaying the inevitable

housework, that is.  i have been bitten by a possible nesting bug, but it sure hasn't been one of cleaning up around here or scrubbing floors and baseboards.  i have been having too much fun with my 2 friends, elna and white.
scavenged internet photos, my apologies...

i have sort of rediscovered how much fun it is to sew for miss kate.  i get these crazy spurts of sewing inspiration a couple of times a year maybe - it so happens that right now is one of them.  so everything else can wait...

here are some things i've whipped up for her (and i can actually say whipped up because sewing for someone so small means it literally takes like 20-30 minutes TOPS to make one of these projects, start to finish (cutting included!)  how can you argue with that?  

pajamas - love her thumbs up!
tunic with a bow on the collar (kind of hard to see)
boatneck stripes (love this shirt - i want one)
this started as a pajama project, but weston liked it as a t-shirt too much
pink 3/4 sleeve mock turtleneck
and i had some blue so i made another...

seriously easy, ladies.  i made this blue shirt while i was making dinner last night - you'd be surprised.  oh and speaking of dinner, i made it twice (count it - twice!) this week.  and we had enough leftovers last night to freeze for 2 meals in the coming weeks.  lovely.

just don't come over - my house is atrocious!

5 quick quips:

Cynthia said...

Erin it doesnt matter how easy you say it is, You still make me feel like a looser. Some day I will be as good as you.. well, maybe not :D You are so talented and a great mom. Kate is soo cute on all her new clothes. She is a lucky little girl. Good job!

Johanna said...

Lucky Miss Kate - to have a mom who will sew for her. She's going to love it as she gets older! Wish I were there to do the boring housework for you (and I really would do it - just don't ask me to cook!!)

pamc said...

Well I saw your house yesterday and it was really clean!! That and sewing too! Loved the baby outfit as well. Lucky little girls.

Ben and Shara said...

It's almost here. Did you get all your projects done that you wanted to tackle? I still have stuff I want to get done and just can't find the time to finish them. Do them now before it is too late. Good luck!

p.s. I wish I had your dope sewing skills.

Natalie said...

I LOVE all those tops. I want some for me! I'm gonna need these pattern for sure. I have the sewing bug lately too!!! Funny how it ebbs and flows.