Tuesday, September 21

first appointment

beth, meet dr. johnson and his staff of nurses that are going to prick you and give you bandaids every time you see them for the next few years...

i took little beth to her first doctor's appointment this afternoon.  kate was so good for me so it made my first official outing with 2 kids alone a success.  you took both kids by yourself?  "what, like it's hard?"  (i'm not that obnoxious nor confident, i just like legally blonde).

beth's stats:
7lbs 1oz (3oz over her birth weight!  what a good eater!)
20 1/4 inches (i can't believe she's already grown almost 2 full inches!  crazy)
i was bummed to realize the nurse didn't tell me the percentiles for weight/height.  oh well.  

poor little thing had to get her second round of PKU testing done today (darn 2 week appointment).  watching your kids get shots ... well it's not that sad for me.  i don't like watching my kids in pain, don't get me wrong.  but kate was so resilient with immunizations that her screaming didn't last longer than about 3 seconds.  but the PKU draw is very different.  oh boy.  it's hard to hold your baby while she is screaming bloody murder because they pricked her with some kind of razory-blade thing, and then proceed to squeeze blood out of her heel - enough blood to soak like 7 or 8 circles on this paper card.  not fun.  but she survived and calmed down once we got her pacifier and got the car rolling.

5 quick quips:

pamc said...

Beth looks so different I can't believe how much she has grown already. Can't wait to see all of you on Friday. keep the pictures coming

Natalie said...

Oh that PKU! I am still traumatized. Glad to hear you all survived.

Baumgarten Family said...

Yeah...Beanie had to go to the hospital several times his first week to get his heel pricked. It was so hard for me to watch them squeeze SO hard for the stupid dots. UGH. I finally broke down and was sobbing too. I felt like I was allowing people to hurt him.
Beth is cute! Love the fuzzy hair :)

Johanna said...

Beth is such a pretty baby - even when screaming!

sterlingandbrandi said...

Those are some beautiful girls! i love the outfit you made! I am NOT ready for another baby, but those pictures really make me want to cuddle yours!