Tuesday, September 28

picking a name

ok, so we are totally behind on our glee watching and last night finished up almost all of season 1.  we still have the finale to go, but we are almost caught up so we can watch what's currently on.

with that said, i felt the need (very silly, i'm sure) to clear the air and let the blogosphere know that we did not choose baby beth's name because of an episode of a tv show.  there, i said it :)  apparently, the pregnant cheerleader (quinn) is going to name her baby beth?  i'm not sure if she actually does because, like i said, we haven't watched the finale. 

anyway, frivolity aside, just wanted to make that clear :)

kate is at her very first playdate as we speak.  i wasn't sure how she would do since she left our house to go play at someone else's house without me.  when i asked her if she wanted to go this morning, she was all over the idea.  but when i made it clear that mommy would be staying home with baby beth while she went - she kind of fell apart for a minute.  so i wondered if she'd be ready.  by the time her friend and his mom showed up, however, she was beyond excited and rearing to go.  she told me, "okay mommy, go in the house now!" over and over, followed by a lot of "bye bye, mommy!"s.  i was so glad to see her be so confident without me.  she teaches me new things by the day.

3 quick quips:

Donnie and Kristi said...

Don't you love it? It's such a proud moment to watch your kids learn to be independent! Yay :)

Natalie said...

I have not seen a single episode of Glee. Should I? I never know if I should dive in to a show or not, because if I start watching it that means I'll have to watch EVERY single episode and I won't be able to carry on with life until I am caught up. So funny about Kate too!

Johanna said...

they grow up so fast ... did Kate enjoy the play date?