Friday, August 10

Nursery Projects

the crib

I always had this idea that I would find the perfect used crib and redo it to make it all custom for my baby. Then I couldn't find anything that wasn't too fancy or too spindly. I kind of gave up and figured we'd just spend a fortune on baby furniture. Out of the blue one day, I found just what I was looking for! So I snagged it - 20 bucks. The only "before" pictures are the ones the seller showed me.

The pictures aren't great, hopefully my "after pictures" will be :) I had my dad saw off the scalloped edge from the head and footboards so it's just straight. It took me about 20 hours to strip and sand the entire thing - BLAH!!! All that's left is painting. Any suggestions?

the rocker

The next, and perhaps more ambitious/crazy, project is the rocker. I found this STEAL for 30 bucks ... don't you just love craigslist? Again, the only pictures I have of the "before" are the seller's pictures.


As much work as this will be, I started taking it apart last night, I am SUPER excited about the transformation that will take place. I'm looking for some sort of white with black fabric... white/cream background with black flowers/toille/SOMETHING. I'll post pictures of the progress and/or finished product!

1 quick quips:

Dunn Family said...

Erin, you are so talented! Gosh, when I was pregnant, I don't think I would have been able to do all of that. Let us know when you are finished so we can come over and see it. I might need your help on some things!