Thursday, November 8

how do i look?

okay, last night we were out for dinner (because i don't cook - i think we've sat down to a real dinner at our kitchen table about 3 times in 3.5 years - literally) and this lady comes up to me, puts her hand on my back (at least it wasn't on my belly) and asks, "when is your baby due?" first of all, she's the first person to do that - know that i'm pregnant and not just fat - and second of all, the first person to ask. i told her "the end of january, i've got about 12 weeks to go," and she looks surprised and says, "wow! you've still got a ways!" i wasn't quite sure how to take this! i did manage to shoot one back at the lady (after her surprised comment about how much time i had left) and asked her, "why, what are you trying to say?" and i laughed it off. now, i will be the first person to admit that since seeing this pregnant body come into shape, i have never been concerned about feeling fat or feeling like i should be doing any dieting (for like the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!) and i have really enjoyed knowing my body is doing just what it should be doing. however, last night after this woman said "wow! you've still got a ways!" made me all of a sudden revert back to the fat girl insecure about the extra weight she can't shed. immediately i asked weston (quietly) "do i look huge?" and he said, "no, you look as pregnant as you are" or something matter of factly like that. after about a minute i shook off the feeling of being fat again and dismissed the whole thing. i guess it's just a rite of pregnant passage - i'm still waiting for the perfect stranger to come up, touch my belly, and ask when i'm due or what i'm having ... stay tuned :)

5 quick quips:

Donnie and Kristi said...

So ya, at least you ARE pregnant. Unfortunately, fat Kristi was asked that when she WAS NOT pregnant. You look great, I'm sure....you could be L.T. (think about it) and be pregnant but people not know it because you're always a fat ass. I swear, when she came home from the hospital with a baby I about died...had no idea...and I saw her everyday!

Dunn Family said...

Erin, oh my goodness, I think you look great! I dont even think you look as far as you are. You are carrying the baby very well. Don't let other stupid people get to you. you are beautiful! :)

Donnie and Kristi said...

The picture wasn't there when I posted last time....You seriously look pregnant, but not SUPER pregnant...it's way cute, and I hate you a little bit for that. Remember my pics when I was prego? I looked like a whale!

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

I think you look fantastic! You should kick that lady's trash!

Carrie said...

Erin, you look great! I love your nursery pics too. I had no idea you were so talented.