Tuesday, November 20

so i gave in

but at least i held out until the week of thanksgiving this year! 2 years ago i had all of our christmas decor up BEFORE halloween. sometimes i just think 3 weeks in december is not enough time to enjoy the season. tonight when i was unpacking all of the ornaments i got so excited because i had forgotten about so many of them. last year i made (i guess enhanced is a better word) a lot of these ornaments - glitter and paint and such. i had forgotten so much of it and was so excited to see it all again ... my old friends :) last year i also made the tree skirt, embroidery and all ... it totally has its flaws, but i love it all the same. i'm just so excited for the winter and holiday season this year. we are going to spend thanksgiving with my family and christmas with weston's family. i have a feeling we'll be pretty busy between work, school, parties, and preparing that the time will just speed on by and i'll be taking the tree down and packing away my dear ornaments before i know it. next on the holiday list? christmas cards! hopefully i can get them done before we're halfway through december! :) put weston in charge of picture taking and you get a bunch :)

3 quick quips:

Donnie and Kristi said...

Holy crap! You have such cute stuff! I SO wanted to decorate already (remember when I'd put the lights up in my room in October?) But Donnie won't take me to the Christmas Tree Farm until Friday. Damn thee hubby!

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

gorgeous tree! I am going to put up the tree in a few days, I couldn't bring myself to put it up before Thanksgiving... partly because it's too early, also because it's still in the 80's here every days, and lastly, because I had planned to clean the house before I put the tree up and that hasn't happened! Love you guys!

Carrie said...

Erin, I seriously want you to come over and decorate my tree. I have cute stuff, but it never turns out like I want it to. I'm serious! Call me!