Tuesday, September 16

president cottle

so my dad will not be super pleased, i'm sure, that i'm posting about this - but i am . so there. :) my dad has been called to be the new stake president over the monroe, utah stake. this all happened this past weekend. i got a call from my mom saturday evening and she gave me the good news while she was enroute to monroe from denver with my oldest brother. weston and i also drove to monroe late saturday night. my dad was called and set apart by elders wood and moon of the seventy. here is a picture of my dad - it's a few years old and it's obviously from my wedding, but i had to find a picture of my dad in a suit and tie :) if you know my dad, you wouldn't think a picture of him in a suit and tie were hard to come by!many people in town have been teasing my dad these last few weeks that this would happen, including his family members :) i told him, well - you better get used to hearing "i told you so." on sunday, after the meeting, a friend told me he knew my dad was a shoe in. he said he was the perfect man for the job - "he was a military man for all those years, had all that training, then he taught school to mellow him out, now he's retired . . . it's perfect!"

my parents were not expecting this in the least. they were in the process of filling out their mission papers and we were, well i was, bracing myself for the absence of my parents from my life over the next few years. i have to admit, albeit selfishly, i am glad they are going to stick around for at least the next several years and will get a chance to get to know these new grandkids :)

i am so proud of my dad and i am so proud to be his daughter. he is an awesome father, leader, and member of the church. he is a great example to me of humility, duty and obedience, and love.

congratulations dad. i love you and know you'll do a fantastic job!

6 quick quips:

Donnie and Kristi said...

Yeah, my mom called at the buttcrack of dawn to fill me in on this the other day. He's PERFECT for the job. I'm going to say he's up there with Pres. Jenkins...that's pretty impressive!

Kristen Weller said...

Congrats to your dad! And my dad too I guess. My dad was saying the Lord sure knows how to get things done. Just ask a teacher. They are already used to doing things for nothing! And, we totally knew this was coming for your dad. After the last stake conference my dad told us that if your dad wanted to avoid being stake president, he better get himself on a mission soon!

Johanna said...

Erin,
thanks for posting! I'm feeling pretty proud to be dad's daughter too :). Can't wait to see you again!
Johanna

Michelle said...

You looked so beautiful on your wedding day. I'm sure you dad is exited....what a job!

Ben and Shara said...

I heard, how fun and demanding. He sounds like he is perfect for the job though. It is nice to have good parents to lead the way eh?

p.s. the bruises are funny and essential part of documenting a baby's story. I won't call the police. he he

The King Family said...

That is so neat. He IS perfect for the job and will do so awesome in there. He is such a humble person and so on top of things. Good times!