Saturday, November 15

kate's christmas stocking

for our first christmas as a married couple, weston and i got matching stockings. his has a reindeer and mine has a tree. i LOVE our stockings - they're just simple and they're classic so they won't be outdated even in 15 years. when i was pregnant, i knew i'd want to add stockings to the colton collection but of course, couldn't find anymore stockings from the set. so the other night, i went to the fabric store and bought red and white velveteen (they didn't have a matching green) and went to work. weston decided that kate should have an angel silhouette, since she's his angel, and this is the final result.here is our little family of stockings.
this time, i had the foresight to buy enough fabric to make a few more stockings :) and, while these stockings are hanging, i have not decorated anything else - yet. we bought kate's christmas goods last night and i have a feeling that once i start wrapping, i may feel the need to put them under a tree :) we'll see.

oh, and one more thing, i have been listening to christmas music for about a week now and everyone's been giving me a hard time. my rebuttal is this: it is not "christmas" music to me - it's "holiday" music. this time of year is the "holiday season" and it just feels right to have some corresponding tunes to go along!

the end.

7 quick quips:

Donnie and Kristi said...

I agree, after Halloween, anything to do with the holidays is fair game! Remember when I used to put light up in my room on like, October 1st? Anyway, I LOVE the stockings!!!!!

Ben and Shara said...

I'm trying hard not to put up my tree already. I've caught the christmas bug. I really want to put up the tree!! aha. Maybe this coming weekend I'll just give in and do it.

Natalie said...

That is so sweet about the angel! Brad and I have been listening to some Christmas music too. Your stockings are beautiful.

Johanna said...

Erin, you are going to end up with a christmas themed home - you'll just keep it all up all the time!! love the stocking!

Kristen Weller said...

Don't feel bad about the "holiday" music thing. My mom's rule is any time after October General Conference is fair game to pull out the holiday tunes!

Three Guys and a Gal said...

Seriously those stockings are awesome! I wish I had some sort if talent in that area! I love them!

Three Peas said...

I love the stockings, Erin! They look so original and professional. Come move to the east coast so that you can teach me how to do what you do, k? Shawn and I are already listening to Christmas music, so don't you worry your pretty little head about all the scrooges on your shoulder.