Sunday, November 30

thanksgiving 2008

this thanksgiving was spent with the coltons. weston and i drove to monroe tuesday night for an early start to the holiday. we spent that evening with weston's parents and installed a new computer for his mom.

wednesday, weston and my dad got in an early round of golf - my dad shot par. maybe one day i can shoot 15 over par :) my mom and i spent most of the day visiting, shopping, and visiting some more. that evening, weston's mom and dad treated us to a one-on-one dinner.

thursday morning, i got up early and my mom helped me make rolls and scalloped carrots to take to thanksgiving. it was so fun to go out to the garden and dig fresh carrots - i half expected bugs bunny to pop out! they tasted amazing. we had dinner with weston's entire immediate family and our brothers-in-law invited their parents to come. that night, we went to the gunnison movie theater (about a 40 minute drive) to watch twilight - the boys even went and i think had an okay time! the movie was good overall, but man the cheese factor was high! i hope i didn't just make enemies of half of my bloglist :)

friday, weston had to get up and get back to orem for work - black friday. i spent the day with my parents and my mom and i put up her christmas tree that night.

i came back home to utah county saturday morning and weston and i went out to eat that night at texas roadhouse. i can't believe the week is already gone, but i also can't believe that last sunday was really just last sunday - it feels like it's been 2 weeks since then!

we had a wonderful holiday and spent time with fabulous family. we are blessed and very thankful.
we hope you all had a great holiday weekend!

4 quick quips:

Donnie and Kristi said...

She is seriously a doll...and it looks like she's actually growing! Go Kate!

Kristen Weller said...

The cheese factor was high in the Twilight movie. My whole fam drove up to Gunnison to see it and I met them there. The first thing Lisa said while we walked to our cars was "That was kind of cheesy wasn't it!"

Sarah said...

Cute pic of Kate. Jane just waked in and yelled Kate! I'm glad we have been able to see you so Jane can totally tell the difference between Kate and Reynolds pictures. I agree Twilight was a little cheese or maybe a lot. The whole face glittering in the sun was pathetic. I thought it was a slow start but overall I wasn't too disappointed since I tried to have no expectations.

Natalie said...

No enemies here - I was trying not to laugh aloud most of the time! I was kind of expecting that though. The books are always better (even though I find myself rolling my eyes every few pages in this series).