Friday, June 5

so do i now have to call myself a SAHM?

it's really official - today was my last day in the office.it's so weird because mentally i was prepared to leave my job at the end of april. then we stayed. then, in the last 2 weeks, everything changed.

weston got 2 jobs, has been working since monday, and life has been turned upside down ... all in a very good way.

so, today i cleaned up my desk, took care of some last minute tasks, left my list of responsibilities with the proper people, and said my good-byes. it was strangely bittersweet. as i was saying, i had been prepared to leave, then i got to stay, and then in one evening i realized i couldn't really give my boss a solid committment. it definitely surprised me to hold back emotions that surfaced as i said goodbye - didn't expect that.

i'm just hoping that my boss wasn't as excited to get rid of me as michael was to get rid of toby. i suppose i should be breathing a sigh of relief that he didn't want to throw me a big "get out of here, i'm so excited i never have to look at you" farewell party.i am very excited, however, to get to spend all my time and energy with this little ladymake dinner for this hot man of mineand hopefully do a lot of this

7 quick quips:

Cynthia said...

thats very exiting.. Welcome to the "staying home mom's world". It sucks! Just kidding...or am I...? :P

Kristi said...

OOOHHH welcome to the club Erin! Its a very special club with some good days, and some days where you think....what am I doing???? You'll be great!

Ben and Shara said...

I agree with both of the comments already listed. It's rewarding and sometimes not so rewarding. I'm sure you will be better at it than I was when I quit my job. Good luck.

Unknown said...

How exciting! Hopefully you will still make time to chat with me every now and then.

Johanna said...

I want to hear the scoop about Weston's jobs!! Being home with the kids can be challenging - but it's a heck of a lot more flexible than going to work every day. There's a lot to be said for that!

Natalie said...

Oh Erin I'm so happy for you guys I could cry! That is SUCH good news!!! So now can you guys buy one of these town homes and stay for awhile? Also, I want to be in 'the club.' Jealous.

Anonymous said...

Erin im sad your not here... i arrived w/ your list on my desk and realized the office is going to get very quite now... no one to chat and laugh with *tear* but im excited for you!! I will let you know when my little miss arrives =) have fun staying home!!