Monday, November 2

over the river and through the woods...

kate and i hung out last week in monroe. we spent the time with grandma, grandpa, sarah, and her 2 kids. the little ones had a great week with grandma & grandpa!

monday night i drove to salt lake to pick up sarah who had been in canada for several days. jane and reynolds were in monroe with my parents and she and i arrived at their house at about 12:30 monday night. we had a girly week, complete with mani-pedis, eating, eating, and eating, and even some sewing (how did your skirt turn out, sarah?)

we planned a few fun things for the kiddos to do since we were "snowed in" for a day or 2. i say "snowed in" because it was nothing like the snow they would have had if they were home in denver. the kids played outside for a bit each day, had bubble baths in grandma's big bathtub, painted pumpkins (thanks to the mathies!), and even made caramel apples.it even got warm enough at the end of the week to swing with grandpathanks, mom & dad for hosting some crazies this last week. thanks for being so patient with all of the kids and with sarah and me, too :) i'm sure you can't wait to do it all over again in a few weeks!

2 quick quips:

Sarah said...

Skirt turned out great! Thank you so much for helping me. Maybe once I get caught up around her I will go by some more fabric for the pajama bottoms. Thanks for putting up with me. As soon as I got home and had the help of Andrew I felt like I had been the worst mommy and letting the kids unnecessarily get to me. However, in spite of all of that it was a great week. Thank you for the ride and hanging out with me.

Johanna said...

Great post - I really wish I had been there! You guys look like you had a great time and had fun with your kids. Will you come down for a bit when I come out? Pretty please??