Wednesday, November 11

blog schmog

so i feel like i am neglecting my blog. i just don't have ideas springing up for posts! anyone else have this problem?

first of all, i've been in a major slump. maybe it's because i feel like i don't really live at our place? i've been gone a lot lately and i'll admit: i still have a half packed bag from my last trip away from home (a couple weeks ago). i have been so lame. i don't want to pick up anything, make any beds, do any laundry, clean any bathrooms ... and it's just been a SLUMP! but i'm out of it. i'm going to try to put all of the laundry away today! that in itself can be a big accomplishment! if i find that easy, i'm going to mop the kitchen floor. as you can see, i'm not giving myself this huge list of things to do so i don't feel like a bigger loser when i only cross off 1 or 2 things tonight :)

second of all, i shouldn't feel guilty for always blogging about my child, right? okay, so here's a bunch of information about kate colton:

she is a talker! these last couple of weeks have really changed in terms of kate's vocabulary and usage. case in point: she talks in sentences all. the. time. of course we're talking 2-3 word sentences. but it's awesome. she is getting better all the time at saying words correctly: instead of "woddy" she now says "water", instead of "gook" she now says "yogurt" ... but she still says "i us oo" for "i love you" so we're still working on things :) she says grandma/grandpa cottle/colton and great grandma/grandpa (although they are actually "greek" instead of "great" at this point :) but we're working on that, too. my absolute favorite is when you ask her for her name, she very clearly says "kate colton" it's adorable.
she put her headband on herself (can't you tell?) :)

she loves yo gabba gabba and little bill. we try really hard not to watch very much tv, but she will ask for these 2 shows several times throughout every single day. she knows who dora, diego, and kai lan are, however. scary how they learn about crap like elmo, barney, teletubbies, or the other 3 i mentioned without you even exposing them to it!!! we were walking the aisles of target a few months ago and she starts pointing out all of those characters - what???

she is a pro at getting undressed in bed. several times a week i have to go check on her when she wakes up crying in the middle of the night or too early in the morning and she is freezing, huddled into a ball, whimpering. quit taking off your clothes, kid! :)

she thought she'd let me potty train her, but then thought it would be funner to make a control game out of it instead. it's been going on for a few weeks (seriously, anyway) but i'm kind of back to "let's give it 6 more months..." i know she is almost there, but it doesn't seem like she's really ready to give up those diapers. and i know she's not even 2, so it's ok by me.

she is so much fun right now (okay, honestly she hasn't had a stage/age where i haven't felt that way) but she is learning something new by the minute! she is so fun to listen to from another room - she has started talking to her animals and dolls ... she reads stories to them, tries to feed them, holds them and whispers "quiet, s'ok". so cute. i love catching her dancing in the kitchen (when she doesn't know i'm watching) or listening to her sing "head shoulders knees and toes" or play ring around the rosies with herself. SO cute! of course the second she knows i'm there, she stops and laughs.
doesn't she look just like her daddy? crazy!!!

she's just pretty much the best thing ever! we love our little one :)

and last of all, i guess, is that i am loving the anticipation of all things holiday. i love the fall weather, i love sweaters and boots, i love the early dark evenings. i have been busy working on christmas cards (am almost done with the outside) and my annual "pre-christmas/get you in the spirit of things" gift to the sisters and mothers in my life. i love this time of year!!!

there, just crossed ONE thing off my list! :)

10 quick quips:

Heidi said...

No worries. Ellie will be 2 1/2 tomorrow and doesn't seem interested in potty training either. She understands the idea, but she's just not interested in actually making the transition yet.

Sarah said...

Kate is so adorable! I know all her talking wore off on Reynolds. When we got back Andrew made the comment that he was talking a lot more than before we left. I agree this is such a fun stage. I caught Reynolds yesterday brushing a dolls mouth. He seemed embarrassed. Keep blogging about Kate if nothing else I love to read about her.

Three Guys and a Gal said...

Okay I know I say this alot about your posts. But this one was for sure one of my favorites! It takes me back to the time of having a child at that age! Oh my goodness dare I say this...I actually miss it! Dont teach all the correct words yet! Its so sad really when suddenly they say everything right! She is SUCH A CUTE GIRL!!

Anonymous said...

Kate is getting so big! she is beautiful!

pamelacottle said...

Of course I love it when you blog about Kate. I miss her and wish I could see all the cute things she is doing every day. Keep the photos and descriptions coming. I can't get enough. Mom

Johanna said...

Great post! Chatty - lots to read and just fun. I know what you mean about being in a slump. I've been trying to post about once a week or so, and you can see that I haven't kept to my goal ... oh well ...

Marshall and Rose Lowry said...

I totally understand! Thank goodness slumps come and go. I get in them and can't wait to get out. It makes me feel so helpless. I love the pics of Kate. She's a cute little girl!

Natalie said...

Ok. . . you are NOT in a slump compared to me! I just realized I haven't posted on my blog in like two weeks! But I don't really have a brain lately so I might have counted wrong and it could really be three weeks! I am trying to get myself in some kind of routine where I am actually productive too. But I have no excuse! You have this ADORABLE daughter to keep you occupied all day. I can only hope that's my problem one day too:)

Cynthia said...

Nobody should feel bad for blogging about their kids all the time, they are the most precious thing in our lives so why not brag about it? ;) I loved this post. It was just like reading about myself! It seems that a lot of us are having a hard time keeping up with our blogs, so, way to go Sista!!

Steph Johnson said...

Seeing Kate with all those necklaces and taking care of that dolly reminds me of Mylee, she's into all the same things! Too bad they can't hang out :)