Tuesday, January 12

oh the pressure

of this "amazing" new post.  sorry if it doesn't quite fill your quota of "amazing" :)

i give you the before:


i.e. dark and dungeony ... it's what you get when you live in a basement apartment, well at least a half-basement apartment.

and now for the big reveal, i give you the afters:

don't mind the messy magnets, you know how it is... 
 
top to bottom, left to right: 
table & chairs, weston's moving landscapes
pantry, message wall
kitchen stuff
more kitchen stuff ... but the idea for it all came from the arrangement of glassware in the windowsill

a final look at the beauty :)

this project was intensive but could have been worse, i'm sure.  all in all, it took about a week to go from priming the countertop (yes, that has been painted) to hanging wall decor.  now all i have to do is mop the floor ... anyone want to come do that for me?  all i want to do in here is sit back and look at everything :)  it feels so much brighter, airier, open, fresh, and just lovely.  i'm so glad we did this, even if it's just a rental...  should have done it 5 years ago!

16 quick quips:

Weston Colton Photo said...

You did a wonderful job Erin! It looks great.
Love you,

Weston

Kristen Weller said...

I hear ya! It looks awesome! We had a basement apartment with walls painted navy blue (I know- who's brilliant idea was that). We painted them an almost kiwi green and it was INCREDIBLE the difference it made. Way to go!

Unknown said...

that is pretty epic! im freaking impressed. come do ours.

Cynthia said...

wow girl,you did it again!! Bea-ti-ful! I looks really clean and open..and fresh. I love it.

Sarah said...

Wow! Is all I got say. It looks so beatiful. Now you should see if your renters will throw down on a new floor.

Johanna said...

It is terrific! You did such a great job and doesn't it feel so good?? I need to do my kitchen - maybe you have inspired me (though I don't want to do it alone - anyone want to come join a work party week??) Can't wait to see it in person!

Margaret Proffitt said...

GASP- I'm in love! So clean, so crisp, so beautiful. The cabinets look ah-mazing.

Heidi said...

Awesome job! As for mopping... I'm a fan of the Swiffer (the regular one that uses the wet mopping pads), it makes mopping SO MUCH less of a chore!

Kristi said...

You are awesome! That is such a big undertaking. You got it done so quickly! Very crisp and clean looking! I love how a whole room make over can stem from one little inspiration!

Dunn Family said...

Wow! I have been wanting to redo my cabinets white since the day we moved in! I will pay you if you come help me do mine....let me know what you think! Looks great! You have had quite the projects!

jenlivi said...

You did an awesome job Erin! Do you want to do mine next?!

Natalie said...

Aaaaahh! I LOVE IT! I really, really love it! Can I come see it in person? I didn't know you could paint countertops! And the color, I think it's almost the same as the color I just painted with. I also have always wanted white cabinets. But don't you just love how it feels to switch things up? It looks beautiful!

Erin said...

This is amazing Erin! You are so talented! I am so incredibly impressed!

Carrie said...

Love it! Come do mine!

M.J.A. said...

looks great!

Donnie and Kristi said...

oh sweet! I love it Erin! I just bought a kit at Lowes to re-do our laminate countertops. Cross your fingers they work out! Good job...you're amazing :)