Friday, February 26

lime

this is the size of our baby today.  

wait! did i just say baby?  that's right - we are expecting again.  baby colton is due september 10th (or really whenever he/she decides to come out ... or, if he/she is anything like big sister, has to be extricated).

i had my 12 week appointment this afternoon and got to listen to the teeny tiny heartbeat.  it was 156 bpm and doctor says he votes girl but weston's going to hold out for a couple more months to see that ultrasound :) it is interesting to remember, however, that at my 12 week appointment with kate, her heartrate was 174 bpm...  guess we'll wait and see.

27 quick quips:

Cynthia said...

How exiting!!! WE'll have lots of birthdays on September. Congrats!

Heidi said...

Don't you love how the baby always gets compared to the size of a fruit? lol.

Michelle said...

AAAAHHHH! I am so excited for you. This is crazy because I was just thinking of you and emily today and wanted to get together sometime and catch up. I am thrilled to hear your news and what a cute way to tell the blog world.

Jess said...

YAY!! congratulations guys! that is SO exciting!!

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

Yay! I can't wait to meet her, or I mean him. Or... Hope you are feeling great and getting plenty of rest and chocolate.

XOXO
-S

Kristen Weller said...

Congrats! Nice way to announce it. A lime- you sly dogs.

Margaret Proffitt said...

Congrats, Erin, Weston and Kate! How very exciting. Hope you're feeling alright :)

Three Peas said...

WHAT?!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wow. We obviously need to catch up. My goodness! Does this mean you were pregnant when we last hung out but you didn't know it yet? Holy Hannah..
By the way, thanks for checking out my blog! I posted again today. :) I'm trying to make good on my repentance.

kbtibbs said...

That's so exciting! Congrats.

Kristi said...

WOW!!! Congrats!!!!:)))

Sarah said...

I cannot believe you remember Kate's heartrate at her 12 week appointment! That is very impressive. Congrats you three!

Dunn Family said...

well.....my doc always says that the slower heart rate means that it is a boy, so I am voting boy for sure! We will keep our fingers crossed. Colston's heart rate was slower than Zoey's the entire time.

Kaitlyn Swain said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! I am betting on a girl again. :) We'll see!

Erin said...

LOVE IT! I saw on facebook that you had a new blogpost and before I even typed in your address I KNEW you were expecting. Congratulations Colton Family!

Jon and Joselyne Kendall said...

when i first heard my baby girls heart beat is was just as high as yours...just saying...congrats!!

Natalie said...

Yay! It is so wonderful to hear that sound! You two are going to have the cutest kids ever. Seriously. I am so excited for you!!! Kate will be a great big sister. Come visit me sometime since I am housebound. . . I want to talk babies and hear how you are feeling:)

Tasha said...

congrats!! I am happy for you guys! Its wierd....every time I check your blog the last little while, I have been waiting for a post like this to happen! strange...yes! but so happy for you!
oh and my vote is boy! I have had 2 and both their rates were that. Bryns was not...hers was always high!

Ben and Shara said...

yeah, I've been waiting for the official announcement. Congratulations. A lime already? cool. Have you had any strange dreams about it being a boy or girl? A preference?

Johanna said...

Cute post - you are a great blogger! And now I can tell anyone I want to!

The Guiness Family said...

Congratulations! We love all the new babies!

Three Guys and a Gal said...

Congrats! Thats so exciting for you guys!! That was the exact same heartbeat as Jaxons. I am voting for a boy all the way!!

sterlingandbrandi said...

Congrats! With an in vitro baby you get ultrasounds starting at 4 weeks. And I thought the baby kind of resembled a lime around then. So particularly apt image.

karyn said...

congratulations! that is so exciting! hopefully you are feeling well. we are hoping for a little skate buddy for julian.

M.J.A. said...

Final we can talk about it out in public. CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH !!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! I am so excited for you guys! congrats , just one more perfect , cute little colton to babysit!!!!!!
love ya!!!!
love , maddie

Anonymous said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH !!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! I am so excited for you guys! congrats , just one more perfect , cute little colton to babysit!!!!!!
love ya!!!!
love , maddie

Marshall and Rose Lowry said...

Congratulations! Kate will be an awesome big sister!