Friday, June 18

kate's dress

 my mom bought this dress a couple of months back and it was really long on kate.  i looked at it over and over and thought, i really need to re-hem that thing before she can't wear it.  it was, naturally, really easy and only took about 20 minutes (i had to hem the skirt and underskirts).  does anyone else do that?  put off projects for far too long because the thought of the time and energy seems too overwhelming?  then once you get started, you realize just how easy and quick it was... well, i do that :)  so the dress originally hung to her ankles, and even though the photos here look that way, the dress actually hangs to her mid-calf now (not that anyone really cares...)  i took these photos to show weston while he was in la but am just now getting around to posting them (well after he's been home, of course).

  

and this last picture kind of tripped me out a bit.  once i looked through these photos, this one stood out to me.  immediately it reminded me of the photo (below) that my dad took of me, just a bit older. 

what do you think?

2 quick quips:

Erin said...

I put off projects ALL the time thinking it's going to take more energy/time then I have.. and it usually takes maybe 20 minutes. Maybe it's a Libra thing.. or an Erin thing.. or both!

Johanna said...

Totally do the same thing about projects - think they will take way more time than they do. Love the dress - it is so cute. And your matching pictures are a little uncanny ...