Wednesday, September 7

year one

it's my baby's birthday.  beth is one today - i can't believe it.  i think this has been the fastest year i can remember.  i wish i had been one of those moms who diligently take a monthly photo of their baby (you know, laying on the same blanket by a cute sign saying how many months they are, every month of that first year).  but, i'm just not.  i did compile a bunch of cute pictures of my sweet baby beth. 














can you even believe how happy this girl is?  i felt so lucky and blessed to have an easy baby when kate was born.  beth?  she blew kate out of the water :)  but really, beth has been so mellow, easy going, tolerant, flexible, generous, and the definition of love.  she is just lovely.  

she has started "walking" this past week or so.  i count her official first steps as sunday, september 4th.  she walked 3 steps completely on her own.  and then this morning?  she walked 5 steps and bridged the gap between the couch and the chair - completely on her own.  i love watching the wheels work in their heads when they decide to turn around and walk.  

she has been saying dada for several months and mama a few less than that.  although, it must be said that whenever she has used mama, it's really because she needs something - usually food.  she says nana for banana, shhhh for shoe, has said ball once or twice, and signs milk, eat, more, and all done.  

beth has her 1 year appointment with the doctor tomorrow, but she has been packing on a bit of weight in the last three months so i'm hoping to see her percentiles in a more average range.  i'm sure she'll maintain her petite status, however :)

 happy birthday, little one.  we love you!

4 quick quips:

Cynthia said...

We love Beth! Happy Birthday cutie pie!

Natalie said...

Such a little cutie, that one. I just love those first little wobbly steps! She is seriously SO adorable.

Johanna said...

Great post - I want to see Beth in person again!! Wish you guys could have come for Labor Day - it just about killed me off, though.
Think I'm done hosting events for a LONG time! Keep blogging - I love hearing how you are all doing. Love you!!

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

Happy birthday little cutie! I can't believe I haven't met her yet, shame on me! Hopefully soon (I know, I say that all the time). Such a great post of her first year!