Monday, April 21

march and april happenings

just a bit late for some of these :) this last month, i have been thinking, "i missed so and so's birthday, so and so's anniversary, etc." here is a run down of all the special peeps i've been thinking about for march and april :)

michelle had a birthday!michelle had her birthday in march. michelle is one of my best girlfriends. we worked together for over 5 years and have kept in touch since leaving that job. michelle is such a genuine person and i love her cute sense of humor. she has 2 gorgeous kids - george and ruby. one of my favorite things i'll always remember about michelle is how she loves to abbreviate everything - "abbrev" for example :) i love it! michelle will graduate with her bachelor's degree in history education this friday! congrats :)

emily had a birthday!emily also had her birthday in march. emily is also one of my best girlfriends. she and the aforementioned michelle share the same birthday. we all worked together at wirthlin worldwide/harris interactive. emily joined the "group" in the last couple of years that we were all there. she is an AMAZING example of a positive person. emily just radiates happiness and i love being around her. she has been on a mission for the last 18 months and just came home this month. i will always FONDLY remember working side by side with emily and talking incessantly about boys and our myriad of other daily happenings. love you em!

jessica had a birthday!jessica is my sister-in-law (though i HATE the term "in-law") who also had a birthday in march. she is so much fun to hang out with. she is a science teacher to middle school students and i'm sure she loves her job. she is a good mother to ali and teaches her new things all the time. she does AMAZING work with flowers (she did all the flowers for my wedding, including my gorgeous bouquet) and is a crafty chick - can work wonders with a scrapbook-type project. i love having you for a sister, jess :)

cynthia had a birthday!cynthia is my sister-in-law. her birthday is in april. she is married to alex and is amazing. she has the most adorable little boy, alex jr., and is a fantastic mother. she is very creative and makes amazing scrapbooks, calendars, cards, etc. she is an example of independence and maturity and amazes me at how quickly she fit in with our family. i don't think i could move across the world, leave my family, not speak much of the new language, stay with my future-in-laws for 3 weeks, all to get married to some dirty boy :) i love you cynthia, i am so glad you are my sister!

trent had a birthday!trent is my brother-in-law, married to weston's sister jessica. he had a birthday this month as well. trent is hilarious. he hides it well, but he's hilarious. i love hanging out with trent and jess. in high school (we all went to school together), trent was kind of scary :) only because i didn't know him, i've found out. he has a great sense of humor, loves f.r.i.e.n.d.s. as much as i do, and plays hearts like a machine. i never thought we'd actually all be sharing christmas mornings together, trent, but i'm so glad we're family :) happy birthday!

mom and dad celebrated their anniversary!on april 15th (tax day) my parents marked their 42nd (?) wedding anniversary. i am so glad you are both my parents! i love my dad because he can do anything - literally. if i have ever had a request or a need, he has been able to make it happen for me - from building amazing pieces for my home to giving me comfort through a father's blessing. i love my mom because she's my best friend. she is a master seamstress, chef (whether she thinks so or not), and mother. thanks for being such amazing parents! i love you both!

johanna had a birthday!on april 19th johanna had her 40th birthday! now normally i wouldn't post a woman's age for public viewing, but we have to celebrate 40 years of awesomeness:) johanna is my older sister and i love her! we all joke that johanna got the rotten end of the stick sometimes because she was born first and had to do all the babysitting for the younger 3 kids - i'm sorry :) but it did provide me with a love for my big sister that i may not have had otherwise (johanna moved out for college when i went to kindergarten). since entering my 20's, johanna and i have gotten so much closer and i love having a more contemporary relationship. she is such a good mother who tries to better her family every day. i love you johanna!

alex and cynthia will celebrate their anniversary!on the 27th, alex and cynthia will have been married for 6 (?) years. they are such a perfect fit for one another. they made an ADORABLE child - we all asked for the recipe :) and are going to provide the world with another this fall. they will find out *TOMORROW* what they are having :) they are so much fun to be around and hang out with. i wish we lived closer to be able to see you guys more often! we love you and congrats!

maybe i can keep up and do this again next month to make up for missing all of your birthdays and special days :)

1 quick quips:

Johanna said...

O.K. so you have to fix the number of years Mom & Dad have been married - because if I'm 40, they have to be married longer than that!!! I think it is 42? this year (I'm think they married in '66?) Anyway, nice rundown on everyone - you said such nice things and picked a flattering picture of me (thanks!). You're a great sister!