Saturday, April 19

quick trip

i have been in monroe with kate for a couple of days visiting family. we got here thursday evening and stopped to see weston's parents - luckily she was able to see her aunts and uncles and cousins because trent, jess, and ali were there along with chad, annie, and sophie. after a couple of hours there, we went to see my parents and aunt winnie. just as i drove into monroe, the car died - seriously. it acted like it was just running out of gas. i pulled over in front of someone's house and got the stroller out. i knew my parents were both at the church (about 5 blocks away) so i packed up kate and the diaper bag and we walked to the church. i borrowed my dad's car and got the stuff that i had left in my car and then went to my parent's house. once they got home from their meetings, we visited for a few hours. kate was amazing! she slept all night long - and then some. she went to sleep around 11pm, woke up to eat at 5:30am (not bad!). when i put her back down, i figured she'd sleep for another couple of hours (the usual routine). next thing i know, i woke up to her squeals and looked over at my clock. which read 11:15am! i was thrilled! i got so much sleep! :) my mom had some surgery done on her foot friday morning, so it's been nice to be able to help her or just visit with her while she's stuck in bed. meanwhile, my car got towed to the mechanic (thanks dad) and is awaiting the part (fuel pump) to come on monday. luckily, my mom won't be driving anywhere in the next few days so i can take her car home tonight. i'm meeting my girlfriends for our quarterly (seems that way) "girls night" where we do the usual - eat and talk :) what a weekend!

0 quick quips: