Tuesday, March 17

facebook killed the blogging star

okay, so i'm singing that "video killed the radio star" song in my head - it's totally true. facebook is killing the blogosphere, one blog at a time. what is with the surge in facebookers? i mean, sure, people still have their blogs, but they are forsaking them to update their facebook status and see what everyone and their friends are doing at the moment. is it really that cool? i know some people swear by facebook and the addiction it serves, but i just don't get it. i'm more into the narrative that a blog post provides versus "Erin Cottle Colton is wasting time on Facebook."

what am i missing???

a call to arms, people!!! don't forsake your blogs any more!!!! start posting again, include pictures, be hilarious, show off your kids/cooking/sewing/etc. i want to see it!!!

fin.

8 quick quips:

Heather said...

That is so true1 I am having the same problem with my own sisters and some of my friends - it is totally high school revisited to see how many people you can find and make your friend. blogging is where it is at!

Kristen Weller said...

I agree! And then when I post something on my blog, I feel obligated to post something similar on Facebook so those friends aren't missing out. And I also am the lucky one who gets to be Facebook friends with all the random folks who were friends with Michelle and Lisa so they can "keep track of them". Nice. All hail the blog!

Kristi said...

Amen!

winspears said...

I am one of the guilty facebookers...it's Josh's fault! I told him I didn't need one more addiction! But- I promise to become a loyal blogger again! Cross my heart...or at least I promise to keep blog stocking you!!! :)

Johanna said...

I'm with you - I'm sticking to my blog (if I can get it to come back up!)

Dunn Family said...

I totally agree with you!! Of course, I am still not good at updating lately, but I would much rather see the blog than the facebook!

Sarah said...

I love facebook! I find it much easier to communicate with others then the blog especially when you don't have time to post and all that. Plus when you suck at writing it is much easier to update your status then write a paragraph that is grammatically incorrect. However looking at my blog my posts have not decreased based on my addiction to facebook. In fact I think it has helped. One day I really want to make a book out of my blog since it's the only thing I have close to a scrapbook so I will keep on blogging.

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

I agree with you completely. I have to remember to update the blog, which takes me more time than updating facebook, but is really way, way cooler, right?! Seriously though, there are TONS of people on facebook and I think I might be over it.