Monday, October 22

WESTON'S IPOD SHUFFLE

This is going to be interesting...I am going to put my iPod on shuffle and post the first ten songs that come up. By interesting I could mean embarrassing. Here goes...

1-Justice - D.A.N.C.E. (BBC Rip)
Everyone's favorite French duo. This should come as no surprise. I have like 10 remixes of this song. This is not the best of them.

2-Garden - Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
I don't know much about this band. I just got this from a blog. Good mellow indie rock.

3-Blood Red Shoes - It's Getting Boring by the Sea (Blamma Red Shoes Mix)
Another blog song. I know nothing about the band and barely recognize the song.

4-New Young Pony Club - Ice Cream
Great song by a great band. This is the original (I have a number of remixes of this song as well). The UK is bulging with talent.

5-Chromeo - You're So Gansta (Album Version)
Chromeo is rad. This from their first album. If you watched MTV a couple weeks back, you couldn't have missed the blatant marketing and promotion of their new album. They are in some sort of cahoots with MTV. The new album is good, nonetheless.

6-Brice Lee - Spam (YUKSEK Remix)
I downloaded this with a compilation. I don't know a thing about the band. Good indie electro.

7-Midnight Juggernauts - From the Deep
This is one of the sickest albums to come out this year. These guys are from Australia and I have been waiting for over a year for a full length to drop. If you like dance/electro/indie in the likes of Cut Copy, you must check out the new album DYSTOPIA.

8-DJ Paul V - Justice Megamix
This guy made a 30 minute mix of a bunch of Justice songs. It's coming straight out of the club. (Erin doesn't even know who I am anymore, at least that is what she keeps telling me).

9-Muscles - Ice Cream
Another song called ICE CREAM...by another dance friendly band called Muscles. These guys are good. This song reminds me a lot of LCD Soundsystem...actually the whole album does.

10-Kings of Leon - Waste of Time
I was wondering if any rock songs were going to pop up on this. I do still listen to a lot of rock music...however there is a ton of dance/electro/mash up/remix stuff.

There you have it. I want to do this again.

4 quick quips:

Donnie and Kristi said...

Riiiiight.....I've never even heard of ONE of those songs before.

the coltons said...

oh kristi, you're just fanning his flame :) he's so proud of this list because nobody will have heard of any of them either :) he's right - i tell him once a day that i don't even know who he is anymore - it's frightening :) haha

Donnie and Kristi said...

Ya, I was totally kidding! The Midnight Juggernauts rock my freakin' world!

Alex Cottle said...

what an disastrous list. im with you erin, i think weston's been abducted by aliens or something. WESTON YOU WORE A METALlICA SHIRT AT LEAST 3 TIMES A WEEK IN HIGH SCHOOL. WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM!