Thursday, February 7

Kate Colton...just Kate

Erin and I went to the hospital yesterday at around 9:30 in the morning so Erin could be induced. After a couple hours , the doctor came and broke her water to get things really going. After finally feeling what real contractions feel like, Erin requested an epidural. She labored until about 8 p.m., but her body just wasn't cooperating. At 8 the doctor decided it was time to do a C-Section. By about 8:45 Kate was out crying and squirming around on a table. She's 6 lbs 6 oz, and 18 inches. I can't believe how small she is, and she is a week overdue. I also can't believe she has some hair. Hopefully she keeps it. Erin and I were both bald babies. She is healthy and Erin is doing well. Erin and Kate will stay in the hospital until Saturday.
I am the proud father of a beautiful baby girl.
Kate's first bath.



With Grandma Cottle. I picked out the bows.

16 quick quips:

Donnie and Kristi said...

She is SO cute! I mean, sometimes you see new babies and you're like, o, ya, she's cute(when really you're thinking "poor kid, what happened there?") But she is CUTE! Oh my gosh! I love her...LOVE her...tell her Aunt Kristi sent her present today.

Donnie and Kristi said...

I just have to post again and say that she is seriously one of the cutest babies I've ever seen!

Margaret Proffitt said...

She's gorgeous!!! Absolutely perfect. We're so glad you found time to post, because we've been so eager for info. I hope Erin's recovery goes well. Major surgery is no piece of cake. Keep us updated.

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

She's gorgeous! Congratulations you guys! Brett and I send our love from AZ to your family of 3!

Erin said...

Oh you guys! She is so adorable! Congratulations!

Three Peas said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!! Looks to me like she has Erin's eyes and Colton's mouth. You'll have to tell me who you think she looks most like. I miss you both! What an absolutely beautiful, beautiful baby. Erin, recover quickly and well! Congratualtions to you both!

Alpha said...

she is so so so so cute. awwwww mom and pop colton.

Rebecca said...

Weston that is great! Congratulations, she is such a beautiful girl!

Alex Cottle said...

congtrats guys. and seriously, your lives are officially over. luckily weston likes to stay up late. he can handle the feedings.

Ben and Shara said...

Wow, congratulations, she looks beautiful, and wow she doesn't look beat up like some babies do. She looks perfect!

Congratulations again,
Sharalee

Chad said...

Weston and Erin sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g a baby! JK I love her! I'm so going to be her favorite aunt! Good Job, she's so precious!
love Annie

Mark Weinberg said...

Congrats! Great photos! She's adorable!

Chaunté Vaughn said...

holy wow! she is so cute!! congratulations!

Dunn Family said...

She is so beautiful. You have cute babies and beautiful babies, Kate is both. Her hair reminds me of zoey's hair. I wonder if she will end up a toe head like Zoey!! Congrats, can't wait to meet her.

Nessa said...

Congratulations to you both!! Kate is so ADORABLE!!!! I can't wait to meet her at our next family photo shoot. :)

Love,

Korban & Nessa

Cottle's said...

I am lucky enough to have seen Kate from the time she was born and she's even cuter than her photos. Of course "Daddy Weston" picked out some really cute ones to post (out of 300 at last count). Erin is amazing; up and walking and ready to come home. Maybe tomorrow (Sat). We love all three of you! G&GCottle