Thursday, February 21

a new post - finally

but i can't promise it will contain anything worth reading :) i have been adjusting to motherhood and kate is an excellent teacher. she is such a good baby - my dad asked if i knew how good she was and how lucky we were - we do :) in fact, last night kate slept through the entire night - well from 1am to after 730am ... i had to wake her up to eat! we definitely know how lucky we are to get even one night like that! for all of you people who have called me and i haven't answered or haven't called you back yet, i'm making a list :) i'm basically trying to get as much rest as i can and my phone is one of the lowest priorities on the totem pole right now. my mom said i needed to change my voicemail message to say something along the lines of "if i haven't answered, it's because i'm sleeping - leave me a message and i'll get back to you" :) she might be onto something. here are a few shots (horrible pictures, i know ... weston will have to be more in charge of the photographing of kate) of what she's been doing lately

i have never been prouder of my daughter :) she found her thumb! anyone who knows me well enough knows i sucked my thumb until i was 5 ... my mom told me i couldn't go to kindergarten if i still sucked my thumb. i remember 2 occasions when i would run to the closet under the stairs after getting home from kindergarten and suck my thumb in hiding and in the dark. my mom totally caught me! my sister finally painted my fingernails and probably told me it would come off if i sucked my thumb - it cured me! anyway, i'm so proud because this may be the only thing kate inherited from me :) everyone, including me, thinks she looks just like weston ... so at least there's one thing she got from mom :)


here is weston giving kate her first taste of a bottle. they were both champs :) kate has had no real problems going back and forth between bottle and me ... hopefully it stays that way. this has been a HUGE help - weston sharing some of the nighttime feedings with me ... i'm sure it's his FAVORITE thing to do in the middle of the night, but he's a LIFESAVER.


here is zoey dunn holding kate. she was so cute saying her name - cory and danae had been teaching her to say "kate" before they came over. zoey's version turned out to be "cake" i love it :)


and here is a picture of kate's new belly button! her stump finally fell off today. i had been waiting for the last couple of days for this to happen because the stump was starting to separate and it was really goopy and fleshy looking underneath. everything scabbed over by the time the stump showed up in her onesie this morning. how long does this scab last now?

well, hopefully weston will be able to find some time (he's been ultra busy this past week or so trying to play catch-up with school and projects) to shoot some real pictures of kate. stay tuned :)

2 quick quips:

Donnie and Kristi said...

FINALLY! You have to realize that there are people in Texas who can't come see her in real life. I've been looking at this blog about 5 times a day now, with nothing new. I was so jealous when my mom got to go see her. Did you get the t-shirt? I couldn't find anything that really fit the mold of "what Kristi would get for Erin and Weston's baby" so I had to have it made :) You are a lucky mom! My girls were both good...but this stupid dog...ugh, I could kill it!

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

So glad for the updated post and pictures! I'm on "the list" for a call, but don't worry - whenever you get time is just great! I will keep checking the blog every few days hoping for another glimpse of your little lady, she's really gorgeous...