Sunday, July 20

latest project

i have been wanting to redo our bedding for awhile now. it's not that i was sick of our old bedding - my mom made our duvet out of our table runners from our reception. it was gorgeous and i loved it. the silk was getting worn and had torn quite a bit along the top, so it was time for a little makeover. plus, i'm getting sick of having red in every room - not that there's much red in here, but i'm trying to phase it out bit by bit (from every room). yesterday my parents were in town and my mom and i did a bit of shopping in the afternoon. i got a new extra set of sheets and got inspired :) i went to joann after they left town and took advantage of their sale on home dec fabrics. i got the material for the duvet (b/w) and got started. it only took (only!) about 5 hours :) i got it completely finished in one sitting - but only because i put kate down for a much needed REAL nap (cat naps in the car all day long don't really add up to much, or count for much). she slept for the rest of the night. i couldn't believe it when i finished up and she was still sound asleep. thanks baby! :)

i'm itching to recover our couches - don't expect to see any posting about that for awhile - if ever. the idea sounds fun, but i'm sure i'm not exactly up for it. i think i get the "redo-bug" every summer :) we'll only be in our apartment for another year and i'm (again) thinking of revamping the kitchen - which i will not be doing, but the thoughts are swimming in my head :)

anyway, what do you think?

8 quick quips:

Johanna said...

Cool! You make me want to actually post some pictures of things I have accomplished - but that would mean both taking a picture and THEN uploading it! Nice job on the duvet cover!

Sarah said...

Looks good! I like the new look your room looks very fresh.

Natalie said...

Wow Erin that is beautiful! You have got to teach me some of your skills. And the black and white looks so good. I am always redoing something at my house. If you ever redo your kitchen, I am an expert painter - and I did recover my dining room chairs once(but I used a staple gun).

Tina said...

Fantastic! Let me know if you attempt your couches. I'm still debating - new custom slipcovers or just buy a new couch. Do you think the cost would be the same? I would love your opinion. Keep up the great work - homemade baby food, duvet in one sitting - you're making some of us look bad.

Anonymous said...

I love the new look. You are an inspiration. . .I have plans, but never seem to see them through to fruition. come home and help me!!! Mom

Ben and Shara said...

looks cute, any chance you want to come do my duvets now?

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

Love it! I'm so impressed that you did that in 5 hours, the drapes I'm trying to make are taking me way longer than they should :). Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

You are such a Betty! Geeze....what Home Ec classes did you take?! I keep thinking about you making your own baby food and try to get the ambition....
If you saw my bedroom you would die. Its the ugliest room in the house...no color..no decorations...nothing! I can't stand it! Rach