Sunday, December 21

a christmas miracle

so not only did i bake this week, i made a FABULOUS dinner. seriously, it was amazing. i was so excited, i think my exact words were "dude! it's like we're freaking eating at my mom's!" how embarrasing :) on the menu: roast beef, mashed (smashed if you ask weston) potatoes, peas, GRAVY, and freshly baked rolls. i used the old crock pot for the roast and let it cook most of the day, made gravy from the drippings (first time and i was so excited that i didn't have blood clots! inside colton family joke), made the potatoes, baked the rolls, steamed the peas, and set a beautiful table.

kate is patiently waiting for dinner to start

i know this is like any old day for probably every single one of you out there, but for me it's pretty much a first. sure, i have been known to occasionally make dinner, but it's never been a REAL MEAL like this. i am pretty excited about it and kind of can't wait to cook our christmas eve feast!

kate with her full tummy, don't worry if you think she looks like a boy here - i kind of do :)

6 quick quips:

pamc said...

I love the photos and the meal sounds delicious. Dad is envious. Erin will you ever cease to amaze me. Can;t wait to see all of you. MOM

Sarah said...

Nice job. The meal looks delicious. Look at what a little homemaker you are turning into. Now you have just about everything down.

Cynthia said...

Nice job girl. You put me on shame, I don't remember last time I cooked.

Brynn said...

On that same day I too was trying my best to make a roast in my crock pot, but unlike you a failed so I am a bit envious. Good JOB! I LOVE your table setting it is beautiful. And as always I can't get over how cute your little girl is!

Kristi said...

Yay, you're on your way to be a fabulous chef!:) We all knew you could really do it!

The King Family said...

The dinner looks fabuloso! I am sure you are an amazing baker. AND little Kate is so adorable. It was so fun to see her in real life. She is so tiny and so happy. AND, those real baked gingerbread. Well, wow, I am shocked. I have nnever done that before.