Wednesday, December 24

merry christmas eve!

weston and i are in our own apartment tonight starting our own traditions for christmas. we will be driving to visit family tomorrow afternoon once we are finished with our christmas morning here.

in celebration, i made dinner! weston requested funeral potatoes, ham, rolls, and a cherry pie. i called my mom a few times, but i made this from scratch!

beforeafter

here is our table - all set. we actually got to use our china.
it's the first time it's really been out of the box and washed. it was fun to use it finally.
here is kate in her new christmas pajamas. i think these are so adorable and classic. but so is kate :)

she gave us an early christmas present tonight by showing off and walking! she has been taking 3-4 steps ever since thanksgiving, but tonight she walked up and down the hallway like she was born doing it :)

after dinner, we watched the nativity movie the church sent out a few years ago and then went for a drive to look at everyone's christmas lights. up next is harry potter and the goblet of fire and then bedtime. hopefully santa knows where to find us!

merry christmas to everyone and christmas gift to anyone in my family!

6 quick quips:

Margaret Proffitt said...

Those PJs are amazing. I can't believe Kate is walking. Time flies. Hope you guys have a wonderful holiday. Give that girl a big squeeze from me!

Sarah said...

The pie looks great and I'm sure it taste delicious too. I knew Kate would be an early walker. Can't wait too see some video of it or maybe we can see it in real life in a week or so. Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas.

Johanna said...

Erin!!!!! Can you come to Denver and talk to my wife....? Well not just talk, but maybe perform some homemaker osmosis mind meld type of thing? The food looks awesome. What time is the New Years Eve Feast?

Tom

Cory said...

Looks Good!

Heidi said...

That is the best looking cherry pie I have ever seen. Ellie thinks the food looks awesome, too, she keeps pointing at it and saying stuff. :)

Shay said...

I'm so impressed with the pie! I've made very few myself. usually, me and Marie Callenders are great friends!