Thursday, April 22

the results are in...

i had my ultrasound this afternoon and the results are in!  we're having a ....



baby!!!


so we couldn't find out today whether or not we're having a boy or a girl... baby was just being too modest.  will we find out at all?  not sure, it all depends on whether or not i get to have another ultrasound i suppose.  we did find out, however, that baby is healthy and lazy ... well, today anyway.  maybe baby was having an afternoon nap, who knows.  there wasn't a whole lot of movement going on and the legs were close together the entire time.  we were able to check out baby's brain and heart and organs.  everything looks great!  baby weighed in at 10oz and is pretty much due around the 10th (my original due date) so dr. says we'll stick with that date.  here are some pictures of the little nugget...

a few profile shots

legs
 

feet
 

arm & leg
 and a little wave, bye bye!


















ok, just kidding, we found out it's a girl!  a baby sister for kate!

18 quick quips:

Erin said...

So fun!

Johanna said...

Ha! Another girl! Amazing pictures. Spencer's ultrasound pictures looked like weird alien blobs - no recognizable features AT ALL. How technology has changed ...

Cynthia said...

lol you got me there! I was scrolling down looking at the first few and thinking it looked like a boy but there you go, I know nothing! Cingrats!!! How exiting!

Sarah said...

You kill me!!! Here I was feeling all bad for you just cause that is my worst nightmare or was I should say to go in and them not to be able to tell me the sex. Congrats! Kate will love having a little sister. Can't wait to meet her.

Heidi said...

He he. Nice job with the fake-out. :) ... Isn't it amazing how much you can see with ultrasounds?!? They've come a LONG way since WE were where they are. :)

Scrivener said...

Excellent! Now there will be a little Colton freshman or sophomore girl for each of our boys when they get home from their missions. I couldn't be happier about this.

Marshall and Rose Lowry said...

Congrats! That will be so fun for Kate! She's going to be a great big sister!

Heather said...

Yippee -for you guys - we are all about girls over here!

Tina said...

Good one, Erin! I am so happy for you. Remember to get some lightsabers and legos for your girls, too!

Michelle said...

You are good, I totally believed you! Congrats on the girl. They are going to be best of friends!

Kristen Weller said...

I believed you too- since the same thing happened to us... congrats! Hopefully we can take a quick peak at our baby #2 and find out its gender at this next visit...

Cory said...

Congrats that's awesome. Basically if Kate and Colston don't work out we have a back-up. I'm so stoked for you guys.

M.J.A. said...

Congrats on the new baby and on having a girl. Also Thank you for the arrow on the ultrasound.

Chelsea said...

You little prankster! How exciting...congrats.

Tilton Bunch said...

Yeah! How fun for you guys! Congrats!

Natalie said...

I am THRILLED for you! I've been thinking that it was almost time for you to find out! You totally had me too with the whole we-couldn't-find-out thing. So exciting!

Ben and Shara said...

nice one. we love baby girls at our house too. Congratulations.

sterlingandbrandi said...

Congrats! I love little girls - and close sisters are the best!