Wednesday, April 14

shoes

i started packing things in our bedroom - sort of my last big item... i've been putting it off.  i had no choice.  i had to start with the dreaded shoes.  hopefully weston won't be upset that i didn't wait for him to get home to pack his own shoes ... he's very fond of them.

i, however, have a very strong love/hate relationship with the husband's shoes.  i love them because he loves them, it's that simple.  and i hate them because they are literally everywhere.  i guess it takes something like packing your house up to make you really take stock of how much you have, especially how much of one thing

(for example, the other day when my parents were here, it seemed like the photos, prints, and frames were seeping out of the walls!!!  just when you thought you had them all gathered, stacked, even packed in the vans, there was another pile just waiting to be discovered somewhere!  i still think that, come moving day, we'll be walking out with a few more picture frames that went unnoticed.) 

well, the shoes are kind of like that.  everytime i thought i was getting all of the shoes rounded up and put in their correct boxes (i'm not kidding - you'll see what i mean in just a second) there were 3 or 4 more pair or 3 or 4 more empty boxes that i hadn't even noticed before!

just to give you a smidge of an idea of what we're talking about here, i took a few photos along the way.  please keep in mind, this is not the entire shoe collection...

most, if not all of the hightops (nike, that is)
a handful of the lows
some more i hadn't noticed
a bunch i couldn't find boxes for ... this is quite suspect as there are so many - weston keeps the boxes to all of his shoes 

don't worry, i don't have nearly the amount of shoes as my husband ... regardless of what my mom might say.

8 quick quips:

Chelsea said...

Weston's shoe collection is outrageous!! Too funny. I just now read that you are moving. Where is this new 2000 square foot home with a large kitchen? Oh and you asked for advice on how to fill the kitchen...I LOVE having a little computer desk and desktop in my kitchen...highly recommend it! Let me know if you need help with Kate as you move, I am sure Bens would love to play!

Kristi said...

Wow! I knew he had lots of shoes, but seeing a photo really shows it off!!!!:)

Natalie said...

Well, now I know what a shoe collection looks like. Mine is rather pathetic in comparison!

Weston Colton Photo said...

Come on, that's only half the collection. I already sold the other half! I bought my Mac by selling 6-7 pairs.

Tina said...

I think someone needs an intervention...

Ben and Shara said...

holy crap, that is a lot of shoes. My older brother is also, very into shoes. I'm actually jealous, I wish I had that many pairs of shoes.

The Guiness Family said...

Hi Erin,
I love catching up with you guys and it has been awhile since I have gone on your blog. Lots happening! Congrats on your move and on baby girl #2. I already knew about Weston's shoes. Tell him Christian only has 2 tennis shoes and 1 pair of church shoes. Maybe when his feet stop growing, he can start his own collection with his own funds! love you guys!

Ashley Taylor said...

Oh Erin Erin Erin. How I know your pain. I live in a 450 sq ft apartment because it was the only place in our budget that came with a garage. . . a garage we wouldn't have to have if we didn't have so many blasted shoes!