Saturday, December 18

the big reveal

so here is what i was working on instead of visiting the elves...  

day 14
 christmas dresses!!!

can i just say how much fun making matching dresses for my girls was?  more fun than i expected, that's for sure. 
 kate's dress : front
 kate's dress : back (buttons from great grandma colton's stash i inherited)
 beth's dress & bloomers : front
beth's dress & bloomers : back (buttons also from great grandma colton)



and just for fun, here is where it all started - inspiration courtesy of baby gap...

 
i love finding a dress (any clothes really) and trying to either replicate or customize it - way funner than just buying it outright - i think so, anyway :)

8 quick quips:

M.J.A. said...

Great job!

Kristi said...

So cute! You are awesome!

Carin said...

Erin:

I used to look at catalogs and do the same thing. You get a real sense of accomplishment! Also, everyone is so impressed with your 'creative' side. Ha...if they only took the same catalogs that I did at the time!

In addition....it is a fraction of the cost to make such sweet little dresses. I also love keeping my hard-earned money:)

The girls are going to be beautiful in these. Great job!

Johanna said...

Can't wait to see the girls in these dresses! You are really talented - so glad you're my sister!

Ben and Shara said...

Wow awesome dresses, I can't tell what color they are though. Your sewing skills are really incredible. I wish I had them.

the coltons said...

sharalee! they are charcoal grey - what's your problem? ;)

Marshall and Rose Lowry said...

I love the dresses! They look just like the baby gap dress! You are amazing!

Natalie said...

Oh my, charcoal christmas dresses...brilliant!!! PLEASE post some pics with them on:)