Monday, December 20

december 18 & 19

december 18 & 19 were to make treats: sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies.  kate had a great time decorating the sugar cookies and it, surprisingly, kept her entertained for over 2 hours!  in toddler time that is an eternity! 
she is very proud of her candy cane

such a look of concentration on her face
 aren't they so appetizing?  haha
 i had to get in on the frosting action
here's the only shot of gingerbread - but i made about 5 dozen... i started halving the recipe and got interrupted so when i came back to it, the next ingredient i added was the full amount - had to embrace it and go full throttle with the recipe... anyone want some gingerbread?  it's YUMMY!
all the sugar cookies (1/2 recipe is the way to go with christmas goodies...) and 3 big bags of gingerbread!

3 quick quips:

Natalie said...

Mmm. They look SO tasty (well, the ones you did anyway!). I love me some gingerbread. I don't know what some peoples problem is with gingerbread, but I personally can't get enough. The cookies all look so pretty sitting out together like that.

pamc_5@yahoo.com said...

Love the pics. The whole cookie experience looks soooo familiar and brings back many wonderful memories.
Just so you know, we have about 6 inches of snow and it's still coming down. White Christmas!!!!!

Johanna said...

Cookies look tasty! I had big plans for baking this year but today I just baked up some brownies and put Christmas sprinkles on the top and called them good. The kids took them round to the neighbors. I'm hoping to get something else together for some of my friends in the ward - but I'm not holding my breath!!