Friday, December 31

christmas eve 2010

i suppose i better post about our christmas this year before it's actually next year.

i give you: christmas eve 2010

we spent the day together, which was lovely.  weston had the day off and we were out shopping.  yes, shopping amongst the hoardes of other last minute shoppers.  only it wasn't a crazy nightmare - we weren't shopping under any kind of deadline of "i have to get something!  it's christmas eve and i am out of time and options!!!"  we were just looking for fun.  weston came up empty with his quest for a new camera so we headed home and i started working on our christmas roast beast.

side-note: this year marks the very first time i have watched "how the grinch stole christmas"  did i get the title right?  i am constantly chastised for never having seen any of the christmas classics... my "yogi bear's first christmas" suited me just fine all those years :) 

anyway, i made this beauty,
as well as one of the yummiest meals i have prepared to date.  we ate chicken cordon bleu, roasted red potatoes, and salad.  we had the yummy welch's sparkling grape juice that i found last year and, again, it took me right back to my grandma nielsen's yummy bottled grape juice.
 

after dinner, we had kate open up her (and beth's) new christmas pajamas and got santa's plate of cookies ready so we could leave the house.
putting on her shoes

beth's not too sure about all this christmas hoopla...
 
typical...
(we were hoping kate would crash out in the car and we could put her right to bed when we got home - no such luck.)  we drove around for a good 2 hours looking at christmas lights and daydreaming about a house of our own, but kate held strong and was wide awake when we pulled into our driveway.  at least she didn't take more than an hour to finally fall asleep in her bed.

we just went to sleep hoping that santa would find our new house...

4 quick quips:

Michelle said...

Your girls are darling. It sounds like you had a great christmas. I got sick with the flu Christmas night and am still recovering! I don't think I have ever been this sick. I still want to get together, but it will have to be in the next couple weeks. I'll be in touch. Your dinner/table looked AMAZING! I need the recipe. What a good mom and wife you are! See you soon.

Heidi said...

H-O-L-Y C-O-W! That's quite the spread you made for dinner (food, table, everything!). It looks awesome!

Three Peas said...

I love how you make everything so special. Your family is so lucky to have you making the home. I love it!

Natalie said...

Um, can we come to your house next year? Your table looks amazing! And the food too! We are always running back and forth from both families houses like crazy people. I kind of hate it. But yours looks so nice! Those Christmas pjs are some of the cutest I've seen. Really. I love them.

Oh, and guess what...my family also does the "christmas gift" thing! I've never heard of anyone else doing it so I was surprised when I read that you did too! Funny. I always win too:)