Tuesday, January 15

baby blurb

we went and did some more final shopping last night for more baby-room gear. we needed to get some odds and ends like a garbage can (with a good lid), some hooks, and a new lightbulb for the table lamp. we went to home depot to try to find the right size and wattage for a bulb ... after a couple of minutes asking a myriad of questions to the poor employee who offered us some help, i was pretty embarrassed. we had so many questions for him in relation to a stupid lightbulb - how lame :) oh well. the bulb we ended up buying, and the bulbs we already have, were all too bright for those midnight feedings/changings. i ended up being crafty and fashioned an inner lining for the lampshade out of some dark cardstock. let's just hope those energy saving bulbs don't burn hot enough to start a nursery fire! i'm not too worried since weston could still touch the bulb with his fingertips after it had been on for 30+ minutes. i think we're pretty safe :)

i know i still have 2 weeks left until my 40 weeks are up, but man! isn't it pretty average for ladies to deliver before their due dates? it's COMPLETE wishful thinking for me to ponder that ... and because i am naturally such an impatient person, this baby will probably decide to come out only when i am 3 weeks late and my doctor finally decides to schedule an induction :) as a matter of fact, i am off to ask him the policy on inducing labor at my appointment tomorrow - i'm not anxious or anything.

and, to cap off the baby talk for the time being, here are a few cute kids who will be joining the "i'm going to be a big brother/sister" club in 08 - i couldn't be more excited!

jane cottle

zoey dunn

booker proffitt

alex cottle, jr.

(sorry to any of you parents whose babies are featured here ... let me know if you want them removed)

4 quick quips:

Margaret Proffitt said...

Man, you are so close! I can't wait. Your doctor should totally induce. I chose my doctor based solely on the fact that he's willing to induce up to two weeks early. We had Booker one week early and he was still a big guy at 8 pounds 1 oz. Any day now. Keep us updated!
Oh, and I totally understand the lighting dilemma. I ended up using a little rice paper night light that we keep on all the time in Booker's room. It was great for nursing. They're hard to find but I think Pottery Barn Kids sells them. I've also seen some on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Childrens-rice-paper-nightlight-night-light-car_W0QQitemZ230211366220QQihZ013QQcategoryZ115971QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

gleave said...

There is paint that you can actually pain on light bulbs, try looking for that!

Donnie and Kristi said...

Good luck with that...I was induced both times after I went 2 weeks OVER my due date. I think my body is unable to go into labor, and I'm totally serious here. My children will not be in the big sister in 08 category. Donnie's getting the ol' balls clipped in February! Woo-hoo!

Dunn Family said...

okay!! I am totally excited for you! I am also totally excited for little Alex!!! He is really going to be a big brother?? I am so happy :)! It sounds like you are all ready for the baby to come, i will keep my fingers crossed for an early delivery!