Wednesday, January 30

well, here we are

the 30th of january, kate's due date, and still ... no kate. i went to my last appointment this afternoon and barely made it out of the office before the first tear fell :) my body just isn't progressing and hasn't made much of a change in 3 weeks. i'm scheduled to be induced a week from today, so sure, i can wait a week. the depressing part is that my doctor told me i could be in for one of those marathon labors (18+ hours) or that if things stay as they are, i have a 50% chance of needing a c-section. blah. has anyone actually tried those self-inducing suggestions and had them make ANY kind of a difference? i'm not really feeling like anything would help at this point, but i'll take all the advice i can get.

4 quick quips:

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

do you feel like Kate is going to come out walking and talking? A whole week before you can be enduced! I will be thinking of you! I heard eating spicy food helps, but I have absolutely no experience in this matter so please don't listen to me. I will keep checking the blog...

the coltons said...

yeah, weston's been saying all along that our genes will produce a potty-trained infant ... maybe he'll end up being right on that one :)

gleave said...

I am all for the Castor oil. I took it 2.5 weeks early with Hesston, and it worked like a charm!!! Kassie mixed 5 TBL. with a cup of hot lemon herb tea an a little honey, and in two hours I was in the hospital and 9 hours after that, Hesston arrived. I didn't get any side effects other than labor. Just try it!!!! I swear by it!!!

Cynthia said...

sex. lots and lots of sex.