Tuesday, May 26

busy little bee, part 2

as promised. i had a busy weekend. it all started on thursday i think. i was having a little breakdown because we are inundated with STUFF. for 2 adults and 1 tiny baby, we have so many things. i started in the kitchen, and i got rid of 2 large boxes full of said stuff. it felt great. i kept going. the living room was next. i cleaned out and organized my sewing chests and made an impromptu trip up the road to ikea for some plastic storage. i found exactly what i needed to store my scraps of fabric and perused the as-is stuff on the way out.

i have been eyeing others' amazing crafting tables online for months now and have dreamt of owning my own station someday. ahh someday, you have arrived. i picked up a cabinet (kitchen maybe?) for 70% off and brought her home.

that evening, i finished my work in the living room, and it looks amazing. we acquired some more stuff when weston's grandpa moved to a retirement apartment and cleaned out his own stuff of 50+ years in one home. we had to make room for things like cool trunks and grandfather clocks. so, adding more furniture in the room meant definitely dejunking in there. again, it looks great. and feels even better.

the next day, i couldn't get my mind off the project i had begun (the sewing room). i drug weston back to draper and we picked up another cabinet and a tabletop for $3.49!!!! can you believe that price? as-is shopping is awesome (just like popeye's chicken). all in all, my table cost about $89.50 (shelves included). weston chided me saying, "couldn't you have just bought a table for the same price - already made?" he's right, i could have, but that table would not have cabinets, shelves, or self-satisfaction and customization in one package. so, i win :) my station rocks. i've already "crafted" about 6 times. loving it!!

my own little corner of the office.
to the left: machine stuff, patterns & projects, fabricto the right: threads, notions, yarn & cross-stitchery
on the sill: buttons!!! one of the treasures i got from grandpa colton's home. chris, my father in law, told weston to take these buttons home to me because he knew i sewed (they came in a very large cylinder tin). when i popped the lid to see what was inside, my mouth dropped and i was beyond excited. i told him this is the type of thing you have to wait to inherit. so excited.
on the wall: ribbons
my view: weston's infamous dress form print and pretty fabricsain't she a beauty? i have a permanent residence for my sewing machine and my serger! a very happy woman am i :)

8 quick quips:

gleave said...

It is BEAUTIFUL!I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!

Natalie said...

Oh I LOVE organizing! This makes me want to go home and do all kinds of things!! And don't you love how inexpensive ikea is? It looks great and I am jealous! All my stuff is crammed on a little shelf and it's so overwhelming to get it all out that I hardly ever do it.

Kristi said...

Yay, good job Erin! Its so great to get things organized and get rid of stuff!:) It makes you feel like you can really be productive!

Sarah said...

Man I could use some of your energy to de-junk my house. Erin I love what you have done. You have to be so excited! Did you guys take down the bed? I knew you could find room.

Johanna said...

Very cool - I want to see pictures of the other rooms too! Good for you - I need to do a little of that at my home too.

Ben and Shara said...

I'm so jealous that you have a space!!! It looks wonderfully perfect.
What are you crafting?

Cynthia said...

awesome! lav it!

Erin said...

Erin it looks so amazing! You are so talented! I don't even have a need for a sewing machine let alone a whole CORNER for crafts! You did an excellent job!