Tuesday, May 12

monroe - twice in 2 weekends!

geeze, do we ever stay home? i was asked to speak about my mama in her ward for mother's day, so we made a weekend of it ... again :) but i love you, mom, so it was a pleasure!

first things first - GOLF. for some reason, i have had the golf bug this spring. i hope that means my clubs will be just as dirty as weston's by season's end.
me and my mom - she's gearing up to smack the ballandrew has been staying with grandma & grandpa for a week and got to come along for the ridecarefully choosing which club to usemy dad - he's a great golfer

next, the dairy.
i love this place - kind of like kneader's but small-town authentic.kate's ready for her soup!

thirdly, more golf. saturday afternoon we spent another few hours on the greens
sunday's backyard shenanigans.isn't my mom's yard gorgeous? this is just a sneak peek - too bad you can't see more. fyi - our reception line was on the other side of the pathway ... pretty much the most gorgeous setting you could ask for :)
the real treat - mother's day meal served al fresco. weston and i cooked for mom and it was delish! because the day was so lovely, i decided we needed to eat outside so out came the table, umbrella, and chairs.
great way to eat our rice pilaf, garden salad, garlic bread, and grilled salmon.
front porch and my fat cat, sid

lastly, glamour girl. kate has developed a taste for my sunglasses, and hers too.while driving home, weston turned around and saw this:gotta love this crazy girl :)

5 quick quips:

Sarah said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! The weather looks amazing. You got some great photo's. Kate's dress is adorable! I'm assuming that you made it. Nice work with the salmon dinner maybe one day I will get that for Mother Day when Jane comes home and cooks it for me.

Johanna said...

Great pictures! Kate is as photogenic as Erin! I'm sorry I couldn't come out till Monday - I missed a great time!

winspears said...

Way too fun!!! I miss your parents! Your mom is the best...but you already knew that! :)

Natalie said...

What a fun weekend. It looks so beautiful and peaceful there, I would want to go all the time too. I bet it's a nice little break from the day to day stuff. And I didn't know you were a golfer! Fun! My dad always wants me to go with him but I am NO GOOD. I go to the driving range but I am too scared to actually play a whole game!

Ben and Shara said...

wow, I've been wondering what happened to you. Good thing the blog keeps us all up to date. IT's cool that you got to speak about your momma.

You're parents yard looks amazing. Any chance you have more pics to post on it? I need some inspiration.