Friday, July 17

did you know

that a tornado ripped through our apartment yesterday?okay, so if it was a tornado it was named after me. i made this mess. i have been dreaming (is that true?) about reupholstering our couches for about a year now ... ever since this little beauty. i finally came across a killer deal on just the right color fabric the other day and decided to get to work yesterday. i had thought about not touching this massive project for awhile, but then realized the sooner i start, the sooner it will be finished. so, here i go! watch out for staples if you happen across our living room :)
taking off the old fabric is such a nightmare. i woke up sore in all kinds of places this morning - it is serious manual labor. but the amazing thing is you have a perfect pattern once you get each piece free.so, here she is, in all states of undress. hopefully there will be an after post coming sooner, rather than later .... please cross your fingers with me for that!

5 quick quips:

Natalie said...

Wow, what a project! You are so brave! But that other project you did turned out beautiful so I'm sure this will be too. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Kristi said...

Oh my gosh Erin, you are brave! Good luck! I am sure they will turn out as fabulous as your chair did!:)

Kristen Weller said...

Well if that turns out I just might have to hire you to fix up one of our couches. It is currently downstairs with an ill-fitting slip cover that always comes untucked. You are so brave. The most ambitious thing I've ever done that is even close to this is hem up some curtains a little...
Oh- and the chair is totally awesome.

Johanna said...

Can't wait to see the finished project! (And I remember the pain from taking staples out)

pamc said...

What would we do without projects. I have so many that I don't know where to start each day. What did you decide about covering the cushions? Can't wait for the finished look.