Monday, January 3

beth: blessing dress

i decided, about 3/4s into the pregnancy, that i was going to start a tradition of my girls wearing the same blessing gown.  i just hope it doesn't backfire on me later when they both want to keep it...

so it only took us an extra month to get beth back into the blessing dress for photos, but we did it.  so just ignore the fact that she looks like a 3 month old and not a 2 month old, or even a month old like when most people bless their babies...
please also ignore the wrinkles in the dress - i couldn't be bothered to actually press it for a photo... shame on me, i really really should have.
not to be ignored, kate wanted in on the photos too.
just for fun, here is a comparison of the 2 girls.  (remember, beth is a month older) 
we really haven't felt that beth looks much like kate, but as she is getting older, i think i have to change my stance there.  she still definitely has her own look, but she shares more similarities with big sister than i once thought.  in fact, when we looked back at kate's blessing dress photos, we both said, "woah..." a la joey lawrence.

and here are a few more, just because i think my daughter is beautiful.  you don't have to look at them if you are tired of this post already :)

100% colton baby - look at that face shape, rounded cheeks, little mouth... maybe i have to have a boy for it to resemble me???

5 quick quips:

Johanna said...

Great pictures of the blessing dress and your girls!

Kristi said...

Beautiful.....dress and girls!:)

Natalie said...

Oh she is such a doll. I think I am going to bless all my girls (that is, if there's more) in the same dress too. Paige was actually blessed in my dress that me and all my sisters were blessed in. And I never took any pictures! Still kicking myself about that one.

Marshall and Rose Lowry said...

So adorable!!!

Pam said...

What beautiful baby girls. Straight from heaven.