Wednesday, January 19

the thumbsucker

beth is our little thumbsucker. 
i tried and tried to attach her to the pacifier, which worked for a few weeks, but eventually she took the reigns and convinced me it wasn't for her.  she had her own - her thumbs.  and she doesn't care which thumb she gets, she'll take either one.
   
it is so adorable to watch, i have to say.  and i love watching her switch back and forth between the right and the left 3 or 4 times before settling in on one.  i'm not sure how i will feel about this in about a year, but we'll deal...  for now, we'll just enjoy the cuteness!

4 quick quips:

Johanna said...

I read a book by a real mom of 12 who taught all her kids to suck their thumbs. Think how great it is that you don't have to hunt pacifiers!

Natalie said...

She is just so adorable. I don't know how you get anything done! I think I would just sit and smile at her all day.

Cynthia said...

What a cutie!!! I could bite her cheeks! Erin, I thought Kate had your eyes, but never mind, This little one does! I can totally see you in her.

pam said...

Can't help it, these photos of Beth look like Kali. I miss the girls