Wednesday, December 23

bathroom humor

remember this?  well, it didn't last long and after a few days with training pants, we gave up.  ever since then, kate would ask here and there to go potty - but no success.  yesterday i decided, very out of the blue since it's not much fun to potty train if you ask me, to give it a go again.  she sat on her potty chair for about 45 minutes (while i entertained her with the water spray bottle) but it was no use.  i asked her if she wanted to try on the big toilet and she said ok.  i may or may not have had to show her how ;) but she hopped on and went immediately!  i was so proud :)  about 15 minutes later i asked her if she wanted to try again and she went again!  she went potty in the toilet, and had zero accidents in those training pants, 4 times yesterday!  is this really happening?  is she really ready this time?  we'll have to wait it out and see...

5 quick quips:

Carrie said...

I wish I could say the same for Abby. :)

Cynthia said...

I feel your exitement, I remember those days. Way to go Kate!!! What a smart little girl.

Kristi said...

Wow! That is great, I hope she sticks with it. I can't relate, all of my kids were 3 when they finally got it!:)

Johanna said...

whoo hoo!! Yea Kate!! Love the new blog layout, by the way.

Sarah said...

I think she is totally ready. Just stick with it!