Sunday, December 13

december 10, 11, 12 and 13

so i'll be honest. i've sort of lost steam with my 24 days of christmas thing. but i'm trying to make good for my daughter who, let's be honest, is way too young to remember any of these "traditions." oh well.

by the way, does anyone else realize it's 3:30 am? what is wrong with my body? i have been trying for an hour and a half to get to sleep ... i tried reading, i tried laying in the dark forever, i tried more reading, i just can't turn off my brain. so i figured one of the things bugging me was the blog and i might as well do something about that one. so, here i am. pathetic, i know.

okay, so back to christmas.

december 10th we were supposed to make gingerbread houses. last year i was all betty and made the dough from scratch. scratch that this year. i bought graham crackers and a carton of eggnog (for the frame) a la elementary school. at least we're doing something in the gingerbread house family. and we have yet to do this one - i figured it would make a great sunday afternoon activity ... unless i am crashed out in bed making up for tonight.

december 11th was watch a holiday movie. we rented elf tonight and watched it over some cafe rio. it was a great way to end the evening, we were all happy.

december 12th was the day to mail out the christmas cards. what do you know, i actually accomplished that on the right day! way to go, erin :)

since the 13th is a sunday and the activity is go to the movies as a family, we'll have to postpone that one until next week sometime. has anyone seen the princess and the frog? would you recommend it? i'm actually glad that disney side-stepped the pixar animation and opted for the traditional animation style. we'll see whay we decide on.

3 quick quips:

Kristi said...

The 24 days is a fabulous idea and fun to make, but I also am struggling to keep up with it! We are just 1 behind now! Enjoy the fact that your child is not old enough to bug you about what you have yet to do, you can't forget any of them!

Johanna said...

I've had those nights - but I usually get up and read! I love reading your blog, so thanks for posting regularly.

Natalie said...

I so know how you feel about the sleep thing. I had a night like that just last week. Miserable. I hope you sleep tonight! Usually I have to get up, go downstairs and watch tv for a bit, then go back up to bed and read for a few minutes before I try to sleep again. Hmm. Can you tell I've done this a few times?! Anyway, I am with you on the animation thing. You'll have to tell us how the movie is. It looks cute.