Friday, October 29

just around the corner!

christmas, that is.  don't worry, i haven't started decorating or listening to any christmas music - but i will admit it's been tempting!  i'm just excited for christmas this year - i'm excited to have christmas in our new place and very excited for kate!  she is already getting fired up about christmas and santa claus and i can tell she'll have even more fun with it this year than last year.  it's going to be a good season.

so, the reason for this post - weston has been MIA this week getting prints made, framed, and hung for his show this weekend (http://westoncoltonphoto.blogspot.com/2010/10/just-2-more-days.html) so i was itching for a project.  there were definitely other things i could have been working on (clothes i have been meaning to make for the girls, thanksgiving decorations, getting ready for beth's baby blessing lunch, CLEANING the house!) but nothing spoke to me as much as this: beth's christmas stocking!!!  way too much fun to pass up, so i didn't.

weston thought she should have a candle silhouette on her stocking and insisted on the finger-handle-thingy on the candlestick.  i told him i would probably just do the candle and flame because i couldn't do the handle thingy.  anyway, i tackled it and was in love with the result!  so cute!
  

here are the family stockings (we bought ours for our first married christmas, and i have made the others as they've come along so we could all be matchy matchy)
 

3 quick quips:

Johanna said...

Those are really cute - I'm sure I've seen yours before but I love how they are simple and classic - maybe I should make a new set?? (probably not - too much work - and I can't do applique!)

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

So cute! Love the applique. I made some a few years ago and kind of hate them now. Perhaps this is the year to make some new ones - you inspire me!

Natalie said...

I can't believe Christmas it almost here!!! I'm excited for it this year too. Even though Paige will have no idea what is going on, I will! Love the stockings.