Monday, April 25

bathroom prep

so here's what we did to our bathroom.  do you like it?

obviously i'm kidding.  this is what happened after the paint went on.  my parents were here helping us and they decided to start on the bathroom and knock it out quickly.  the previous owners had textured the walls (over the red) and then painted with that purpley color.  once our paint went on, the wall started to bubble out and the bubbles just got bigger and bigger.  apparently, when they mudded and textured, they didn't seal with anything - not even primer.  and when new paint went on over the purpley coat, the combination seemed to just melt the layer off.  so, everyone scraped and scraped and scraped some more, then came the sanding and washing.  once it was all done, my wonderful parents primed and painted and got it all cleaned up for us. 
 
 i kept telling my mom and dad "thank you for doing this" and my dad kept saying, "what, for coming in and ruining your bathroom?"  i was beyond glad they were here to help us figure out what to do - had it just been weston and myself, i might still be crying without a clue as to what was happening to my house :)  thank you again, parents!!!

3 quick quips:

Heidi said...

Wow! I had no idea that kind of thing could even happen! Crazy.

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

That is weird! Do we get to see an after photo?

Ben and Shara said...

that is so strange. I've never even heard of that.